Without question, San Diego is one of the more difficult regions for decent cellular coverage. AT&T finally offers 3G MicroCells to customers with little or nonexistent service to their homes and offices. I got mine this morning, and it works GREAT!!! Full bars of coverage and appears to provide faster data downloads. $150 with $100 mail-in rebate. Although the MicroCell connects to and uses your home or business internet connection, AT&T still counts the calls and data usage via your own internet access against your phone plan minutes. However, you can sign up for a $20 monthly unlimited MicroCell plan.
    11-08-2009 03:19 PM
    How did you get that? I called in and was told the microcell is limited to Georgia and North Caroline markets only?

also do you know what ports to open on a firewell to make it work?
    11-13-2009 01:43 PM
    If you go to the at&t Microcell website and put in a San Diego Zip Code, it tells you that it is available in that area. Did you call in recently, or when it was first released?
    11-14-2009 12:13 PM
    Called in right after I read your post. :-) I just have one area that I'm challenged with (work) and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Whenever the time comes.
    11-17-2009 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD