roll over minutes

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
On their website they have this listed as one way to lose minutes

Changing to a new Rollover plan where your existing Rollover balance exceeds the Anytime minutes of the new plan. Only minutes in excess of the Anytime minutes in the new plan are forfeited. This will take effect at the end of the billing cycle. (NOTE: AT&T Unity plans are an exception to this rule and you will not lose your accumulated Rollover minutes when changing to a Unity plan.)

So I think this means that if you're currently on say a 900 minute plan and want to downgrade to 450, you will lose all but 450 rollover minutes.

Answer Center | AT&T

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
they take away the difference

for example

rollover minute = 1000
u go to 900 minute plan

they take away 100 rollover

I've already called them and asked same question

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
If you call in to change your plan (as opposed to doing it at an AT&T store) there's a chance you won't lose your roll over. They have the ability to let you keep your roll over minutes if you ask them about it (I've done it twice). When I tried to do the same at a local store, I was told that can only be done by a phone representative.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Here's how it works:
Scenario 1:
Switch from 900 to 450 minutes
Have 1200 Rollovers
After the switch you will have 450 rollovers

Scenario 2:
Switch from 900 to 450 minutes
Have 200 Rollovers
After the switch you will have 450 rollovers

The reason behind this is to prevent customers from paying for a really high minute plan for one month and downgrading to the lowest plan and using the rollover minutes leftover from the higher plan. You can't blame AT&T for this, they are trying to make a buck, too.

That being said, it is possible and in fact I encourage you to either talk to CS or to a store manager because they have the ability to restore SOME (not necessarily all) of these rollover minutes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2