...everytime i call them, i get the automated messaging system that asks me for my mobile # so i type it in then, either i get another messaging system or i get a rep asking me for my mobile # again...Its a pain in the hole!! So what i did today was, as soon as i heard the rep ask for my mobile #, i gave it all to him at once, Mobile#>>Name>>Last 4 of SSN!!

So today i called AT&T Int'l about some overage charges for Data Roaming and i told the rep that i added the int'l data package before i left to Canada so he did after completing a breif backgraound check(<im serious). I was up there for about 3.5 days, so i waited an extra day before calling back to ask if it was safe to remove the int'l data package and she assured me it was safe and i wouldnt be charged overage. So i checked my bill today and guess what? Surpise, there was that beautiful red "overage info". Today i called about the issue and explained my entire situation to the rep and after 15 mins of going back and forth, he transferred me to another rep who kept informing me about how i understood the "agreement about proration" and that since i "understood" they cant do anything to help me! Which is a bunch of bullshyt! She puts me on Hold and the phone comes up with a busy signal!! I was already pissed at that point, i called right back and went thru all the usual machines and so on until i finally get a rep and i explained to her my situation about the overage and she helps me out with no problem by adding the int'l data package back on and tells me to keep it on for an extra 5 days just to be safe!! SHE WAS GREAT!! To those other reps: Was that so COT DANG HARD!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?! In conclusion, most of them can help you, i guess it depends on if they want to!
    11-04-2009 05:41 PM
    Next time just keep the data roaming plan for a full month. If you add it and then take it off it's not just the price that is pro-rated it's the data amounts as well. So if you go over you get the overage charges. In the end it will be cheaper and you won't have to worry about any problems.
    11-04-2009 08:59 PM
    for data overage its $5 per MB, that is insane!

and .50cents per txt which i accumulated about $25 worth!
    11-05-2009 12:22 AM
    That's just crazy
    11-05-2009 05:40 PM
    What was so hard about understanding the terms of your contract? Maybe they didn't want to help you because they're not the one that made the mistake. Yeah yeah, I know, customer service and all that, but why do you want a company to bend over backwards because you made the decision to take off the plan.
    11-22-2009 02:27 PM
    *deleted*
    I would counter-argue that ignoring all aspects of grammar, capitalization, courtesy, and respect makes you look more moronic than he does. Talk like this is completely inappropriate and just because you are mad does not give you the right to trash talk. I will be flagging this for the moderators.

For future reference for all who are interested, it's in your best interest to keep any international plans on your account for at least a month. The reason is that there is sometimes a big delay before the carrier that you are romaing on reports the full usage to AT&T. This is not AT&T's false. There is no universal cell phone billing system so it all has to be done through multiple departments. As for as overage billing, you will be billed based on what packages you have at the time that the usage is reported. So, if you cut off your international packages then international usage is reported, you will be billed at the higher international roaming rates. It's not always easy but these are some concessions that you have to make when choosing to use your phone internationally.

In response to the customer service issue: AT&T Customer Service reps have to know A LOT of information. There are literally 1000's of pages and manuals for dealing with all sorts of processes and it's a little unfair to expect that every customer service rep has to know everything all the time. Things change fast and it's hard to keep up. Not to mention you have to deal with upset people for 8 hours at a time. They are still human beings and are still subject to the faults all human beings are subject to. The person you were talking to may have been new. Also, most of these departments have a budget of how much credit they are allowed to give. The reason the number is asked multiple times is because it's easier and quicker to ask twice than to pull up the wrong account first and then have to back out and go to a different one. Also a lot of departments have their own internal telephony system and may not be compatible with each other, and therefore may have to ask you again for the number.

In the future please be respectful of others.
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 11-23-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: quoted post was deleted
    11-23-2009 12:58 AM
    50 cents per text?

that's super cheap for an international text. they can be $4-5 each to/from some countries

probably should have asked here first. AT&T has an entire section on international coverage on their website we could have pointed you to
    11-23-2009 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD