Would you switch carriers if they got the iphone?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I've been with AT&T since about 1997 (back in the days of Cingular).............

I too was a Cingular customer. I moved to them from T-Mobile because local coverage was better. I still miss T-Mobile customer service.

At the time of my switch to Cingular, neither T-Mo or Cingular had any high speed data. Then Cingular acquired AT&T and with it high speed data in a couple of dozen markets and the AT&T Brand.

Unfortunately, they also acquired AT&T business practices and AT&T attitude, not to say AT&T arrogance. Too bad.

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
If the AT&T here was what it was a few weeks ago (no 3G service), I would leave in a heartbeat. I may still consider leaving to an Android device when my contract comes up depending on what Apple does between now and then.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I doubt I'd switch... I live in Philadelphia and my 3G is fine in the city and out in the 'burbs. Even when I visited my lake house in Northern Michigan I had fine service so I honestly don't know what everyone complains about. I just got back from NYC yesterday and I had a fine time with my iPhone there. Didn't bug out in San Fran or LA over the summer either. I don't mind ATT at all :p

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've been with AT&T for years, aswell as cingular. Their service has been perfect in my area and I've had no issues with traveling. Plus, the family plan I'm using has been pretty darn affordable with my budget.

In other words, I won't be leaving AT&T for another carrier, even if AT&T stopped carrying the iPhone.

dm930

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I would launch AT&T like a paper airplane.... See ya... Their holding off on MMS as long as they did, and still waiting on Tethering and at a price of $30 more per month pisses me off enough to go to anyone that offers the iphone....:mad:

BDV1973

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Ive thought about that but I have not had any trouble with my AT&T service. Ive been with AT&T for for over 10 years now and was with them when Cingular took over for a minute. In those 10 or so years I have only had 3 or 4 locations that I did not have a signal at all and I do not go to those places often enough for me to chance service providers. I also wonder if Verizon gets the iPhone...will they lock it down like they do some of their Blackberrys

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I left Verizon for Cingular a few years ago. Verizon, ATT, and all other crappy cell phone companys are guilty of extreme douchebaggery when it comes to service plans. I won't go back to Verizon because I know I can't trust them not to cripple and rip me off over my iphone. As for ATT, this heavy usage crap better not happen. How do we not get legal action going over this? Unlimited means unlimited, fools. I pretty much expect the cell phone companies to have my interests at the very bottom of their list of priorities.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
i just want to be able to make calls, get email, send SMS, etc. if those things work, then i'm happy. if not, then i'll evaluate how much the iPhone means to me and decide whether or not to leave AT&T for another phone/carrier. it's all pretty simple really.
If that is all I wanted, I would have been on Verizon a long time ago.

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i had nextel to start then switched to cingular, switched to verizon for a while then went back to at&t after the iphone 3gs came out. as stated i dont like my phone being branded with all of verizons crap, and the area where i am, i have great 3g service so far. had to many billing problems with verizon, so most likely i will stay with at&t