Will replacing my Eternity with an iPhone extend my contract?

MrAnonymous

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Samsung Eternity to replace my old flip phone on my moms family plan about a year back and was working fine until I dropped it a few months ago. Now I was wondering if I bought an iPhone via ATT and waited 30+ days and cancelled the contract, take my sim card from my Eternity and put it in the iPhone, will it extend my contract?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Are you planning on paying the early termination fee? are you eligiable for the upgrade price?And you know that once you terminate you cannot reactivate that particular number for 6 months. Also even if you put the card in from your eternity AT&T will detect your phone and add a data plan for you.

MrAnonymous

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Are you planning on paying the early termination fee?
Yea

Are you eligible for the upgrade price?
According to the rep, iPhone is going for $400. ATT said if I upgraded early, they wont extend the contract.

And you know that once you terminate you cannot reactivate that particular number for 6 months.
If you're referring to the number that came with the iPhone via individual plan, then I'm okay with it. I'll just use my number that is attached to my family plan.

Also even if you put the card in from your eternity AT&T will detect your phone and add a data plan for you.
I'm willing to pay for the added data plan.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I don't see the benifit of this. But I would call AT&T anonymously and ask these questions as I think there are a few controls that AT&T has put in place to prevent this that I do not know about. If your trying to save money just buy the 8gb 3g for $99 an your mothers plan or open up your own plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73