Soooo...I haven't heard anything new about MMS being release on the 25th, since well, I first heard about it. But that day sure is coming up fast.

Anyone else excited about MMS coming...?
    Think AT&T will deliver...? Or push the date back even further?

I guess only time will tell...
    09-21-2009 04:24 AM
    Mine works fine right now... 5.1 carrier file rocks
    09-21-2009 04:53 AM
    Here's another question... how many people will still be buying MMS apps on the app store after the release date?
    09-21-2009 06:32 AM
    Here's another question... how many people will still be buying MMS apps on the app store after the release date?
    people still buy SMS apps.
    09-21-2009 09:49 AM
    I have the 5.1 carrier and it still doesn't work? Do you have any suggestions?
    09-21-2009 11:57 AM
    Mine started working today after I updated my MMS settings to match those shown in the screen shots on this page:I rebooted my iPhone and tried to send an MMS. It failed. I updated to those settings, rebooted the iPhone and tested again. It worked...
    09-21-2009 01:46 PM
    They better allow it w/o making me update to 3.1
    09-21-2009 02:12 PM
    They better allow it w/o making me update to 3.1
    I am sure they will make it so you have to update to 3.1.

Can always do it this way. Also works with 3.0

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...e-w-3-1-a.html
    09-21-2009 02:49 PM
    I am sure they will make it so you have to update to 3.1.

Can always do it this way. Also works with 3.0

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...e-w-3-1-a.html
    I don't really see the point of doing this now when AT&T is suppose to be releasing MMS this Friday. I'd rather wait and do it the legit, easy way.

And you won't have to update to 3.1. It has nothing to do with the OS. We will all be supplied a new carrier file.
    09-21-2009 08:15 PM
    I have been on the phone with AT&T for three days trying to get my Visual Voice Mail back. Long Story, but let's just say it was an after effect of BenM.at free tethering and updating to 3.1.
    Anyway, AT&T was GREAT and very helpful in working my problem out, even if it took a while.

While I was on the phone with one of the "technical service" guys, I jokingly asked "When are we getting MMS?". He said the 29th of September. I figured that being a little higher up the food chain than the CS people, he might know what he is talking about. FWIW
    09-21-2009 08:38 PM
    So is there going to be an OS update for MMS? Or will it somehow be pushed to our device?? I'm a new iPhone user and don't really know how this will work.
    09-22-2009 10:00 AM
    Sounds like nobody is sure how it's gonna happen. I'm hoping it's in a secret software update that allows tethering free, mms AND flash!... High hopes but a guy can dream
    09-22-2009 01:52 PM
    Well i got the notification today via text from AT&T that Picture and Video Messaging will be available for iPhone on 9/25. They stated that the "view my message" experience will be turned off but the ability to send and receive text will not be affected. Although I do want to know; i downloaded the file for the 3.1 on the 3gs that should enable MMS sooner I wonder if that will affect anything when they update the system?
    09-22-2009 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD