What is your opinion on AT&T?

What is your opinion on AT&T?

• I love it!

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • It's a great company, had a few problems with them though.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Mediocre, I have my days when I'm happy with them, then I have my days when I hate them.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Not satisfied. I wouldn't mind the iPhone on any other carrier.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I hate it! Any company that would carry the iPhone will get my business.

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've seen posts scattered all over the internet with alot of hate towards AT&T. I really want to know why there is such hate towards this company.

IMO, AT&T is the best cell phone company out there, next to Verizon. Where I live (Miami, FL), my service is always perfect and I always have 3G signal. When I've traveled in the past, I have never had a single problem with the service in other cities and states. I've even been high in the mountains of Tennessee and always had service and would continue to receive calls/texts, aswell as browse the internet. I'm sure there's other cities out there that don't get great service like I do in Miami, FL but seriously, how bad is it? I'd understand if you're only getting 1 or 2 bars of signal, aswell as no 3G. But if your service is fine, what's the problem then? I wanna go over a few things comparing AT&T to other companies:

Pricing
Yes, I know the monthly bill is pretty big, but considering ALOT of people want the iPhone on Verizon, it makes no sense. Why do you ask? Verizon is a little bit more expensive. I've compared pricing on Blackberry's with internet and texting plans from both companies, and Verizon was still more expensive. Sprint is an inexpensive company, but I don't want to touch that company, main reason being is because when I had sprint awhile ago, it was god awful in service. I always dropped calls, even when I did have service. As far at T-Mobile goes, that's a great company with affordable pricing. However, I've noticed there 3G speed isn't as fast as AT&T's or Verizon's. Plus, there service isn't THAT great, but it is better then Sprint's.

MMS and Tethering
Okay, this is one of the main things that people hate AT&T for - no MMS or Tethering. Okay, everyone really needs to open their eyes and realize that AT&T is the BIGGEST iPhone market in the world. Also consider they are one of the biggest cell phone markets in the US also even before they started to carry the iPhone. AT&T is very high maintanance about anything that has to do with the iPhone (i.e., authorized retailers don't carry them, or even if you did have one that you bought off eBay for example, you can't go to an authorized retailer to activate it if you don't have AT&T. If you do have AT&T, then yes they can activate it). But my point being - AT&T wants their iPhone customers to be the happiest as they possibly can. They've been waiting and working on making sure MMS and Tethering would be working perfect on their network, which is why there is such a long delay of us being able to do these things on our iPhone's. But I can assure you, when you do MMS and Tethering on you're iPhone when it's finally released, you'll be happy and everything will work flawlessly. Is waiting longer that much of a headache then getting MMS and Tethering right now and it be a huge fail? If we did have it a long time ago, there would be HUGE complaints from customers who say that the MMS and Tethering aren't working correctly. Just remember: AT&T wants it to work PERFECT.

Verizon will be better a company for the iPhone
No they will not. They will either be as good as AT&T or worse. Verizon has a problem where they like to be rushy and want EVERYTHING now. So yeah, Verizon would've released MMS and Tethering earlier, but it will not work good at all, because Verizon wouldn't be able to handle a huge market like AT&T is doing now with the iPhone. You think something like that isn't a big deal, but you don't know, I don't know, neither does anyone else on this website. Just trust AT&T and don't start stating the iPhone will be better with another company, cause it won't.

I'm sorry for this rant, but I hate bloggers and normal people like us always slamming AT&T as the worst cell phone company, because they are not. They are an amazing company, it's just that many people are being so close minded about it.

I would love to hear others opinions on this. I'm not trying to start an argument or a huge war on these forums, I just want to hear what's everyone's thoughts on AT&T really are.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Never had a problem with them. Just this weekend I was in MA helping a friend move and his Verizon phone has service going in and out all over while I had rock solid 3G signal the whole time. Used my iPhone a lot in Boston as well navigating and doing other stuff and it was great. Also used it to stream Howard Stern (thanks PocketTunes, thanks for nothing Sirius) during our 9 hour drive from MD to MA on Monday. Had great quality with no cut outs at all.

Have never used MMS or tethering on my previous phones so don't care about it.

Only complaint is they really stick you on the text plan, Sprint and Tmobile include cheap packages with their data plans.

Last edited:

SpdDemon426

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I hate both AT&T and Verizon for some reason the service sucks in my area for those 2 carriers..Never had a problem with TMO though..If TMO ever gets the Iphone, which i highly doubt, i would definitely jump the AT&T ship..

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'll chime in again on this subject.

AT&T has been fantastick! I have no complaints. They have customer service that has always been helpful and I rarely if ever have any dropped calls.

Mms= meh
tethering=meh

gregczar

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
AT&T is Lazy

They've gotten too big (again) to be able to compete. They simply CANNOT move fast enough.

They promised Microcells in June 2009,

... and they're just doing the test cities NOW???

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Topics such as this really are so relative in terms of carrier is good and what carrier is bad. None of them are perfect for everyone. While it may be good for me it may horrid for the next person and that goes for every single carrier. All of the aside, AT&T has been great for me here in the Chicago burbs. Best carrier that I can have in my area.

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I love the service but hate customer service.

IMO Verizon had MUCH better customer service but crappy cell service.(in my area)
AT&T has HORRIBLE customer service but great cell service. (in my area)

I have friends that have Verizon and they rarly get 3g (lucky to get 3 bars) and I have full 3G service.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I love the service I get from AT&T. I switched for a year to Sprint then I went to Verizon, but now I am back with ATT and couldn't be happier. I think the prices are reasonable for the service they provide. Sprint was cheaper, but the quality of phones were not up to par. Verizon crippled their phones. AT&T is the best choice for me.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has been great where I live (Charleston, WV). For a long time, it was the only legitimate cell carrier. We have Sprint, but they have gone down to just one store in the entire area, whereas AT&T have about seven or eight, so there's really no comparison. (Plus, as with other posters, my Sprint friends drop calls like CRAZY). We have a Verizon now, but it's only been in the past few months that it's really gotten off the ground. My best friend has had Verizon for a while now, and just last summer, she had call service, but no text/data service. She has it now, but still. I think once Verizon gets a bit more established, it'll start giving AT&T a run for its money, but AT&T has been cornering the market here for such a long time, I think it may take a while, especially with the plans being expensive on Verizon as well. A lot of the people I know won't switch to Verizon simply because the plans aren't so much cheaper that it's worth switching - mainly because of the mobile to mobile calling on AT&T. My husband and I don't use a landline, just our cells, and literally our entire family (except for my dad) is on AT&T, so we don't pay anything for calls to them. So as much as maybe I would sometimes like to switch to Verizon, or threaten to do it if AT&T ticks me off over something, it's just not worth it for the amount of minutes we'd have to pay for. So for us, and probably a lot of people in our area, AT&T is definitely the best choice. And since overall I'm pretty happy with them, it's not a tough choice at all.

teme

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
they've been great for me
just had a few bumps with them here and there, but always managed to sort them out with them
overall i'm happy, been with them since 99 so :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
AT&T here and I'm a happy camper. The iPhone's and AT&T service has been great for me.

I've been with all four of the major providers (currently with AT&T and Sprint)... the difference is day and night for me.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
AT&T is the only carrier I've been with. Got my first cell phone when I was 15 years old and I've been there for every AT&T/Cingular name switch. I've always been happy with them and had good customer service until I moved to Denver in a apartment where my reception is horrid. 1/2 a mile away I get full 3G, but in my complex I'm lucky if I'm getting a couple bars of EDGE.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I really like AT&T. It's the only network that I get full bars in my home. I have never had a problem with their services. I don't get too many dropped calls- maybe once a month. I think that is really hood. Plus, they seem to have more of a selection of phones and higher quality phones. I will be staying with them unless another carrier comes out with something great. I do wish that they would come down on their prices a little. But I'm sure that everyone wishes that no matter the carrier. If they had an Everything plan like Sprint they would be amazing.

Justin808

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess they're alright. When I first switched over to At&t I experienced tons of dropped calls within the first few days. After that everything was ok. I would however switch carriers again if the iPhone was made available to another carrier.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I enjoy my 850 MHz spectrum here in Houston and soon to be 7.2 Mbps download speeds. 3G signal is strong, but instead of bars, what's your radio strength? Mine is currently -79.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73