So I just read a post on Twitter.... and the iPhone is staying on AT&T for a long time... Vindication! iPhone to stay on AT&T, forever | ITworld read em and weep... blah.
    09-15-2009 05:46 PM
    that's not reliable, especially when he says IN the article it's not by stating it didn't come from apple OR at&t but an "analyst"....

lmao
    09-16-2009 12:11 AM
    I sure hope it's true! I think opening the phone up would be a disaster! The iPhone would turn into the next razor.

Bear in mind that this is only an opinion with no basis of facts to back it up.
    Last edited by chobbs1; 09-16-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    09-16-2009 01:21 AM
    I sure hope it's true! I think opening the phone up would be a disaster! The iPhone would turn into the next razor.

Bear in mind that this is only an opinion with no basis of facts to back it up.
    I kind of agree, i was a big proponent of opening it up when i was on verizon, but now i feel like i want it to stay as contained as possible.
    09-16-2009 06:53 AM
    Yeah if the Iphone is let on other networks , the phone and the app store will go in the crapper .
    09-16-2009 09:55 AM
    Not really sure why you would think that..Apple will hold tight controls always and will not allow the carrier to mess with the phone itself...UI,Software,Media Locks, etc..(This why the phone didn't go to verizon first as it was slated to begin with) Apple holds the stance..if you want it then you support it but via our means, so basically the carrier only provides the network and the plan and thats about it. So more networks = more money for Apple, equal more R&D equals better iPhones for years to come.
    09-23-2009 09:30 AM
    Not really sure why you would think that..Apple will hold tight controls always and will not allow the carrier to mess with the phone itself...UI,Software,Media Locks, etc..(This why the phone didn't go to verizon first as it was slated to begin with) Apple holds the stance..if you want it then you support it but via our means, so basically the carrier only provides the network and the plan and thats about it. So more networks = more money for Apple, equal more R&D equals better iPhones for years to come.
    when the iphone goes to verizon everyone moving will need a new phone.

the iphone isn't certified for CDMA. There would be records of this if it had been.

everyone will know if they're readying a cdma iphone as there will be FCC testing
    09-23-2009 11:56 AM
    The iPhone won't go to Verizon until they move to 4g and maybe not then. Verizon tends to want customers to buy apps from them and they don't like phones with wifi. I think I'll stick with AT&T.
    09-23-2009 12:22 PM
    It doesnt have a CDMA radio and i not even addressing this.. all i am addressing is what verizon or any other carriers would have to agree to...basically give it service and leave it alone..if you want it
    09-23-2009 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD