AT&T MMS release date announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
AT&T Media Kit | iPhone 3GS[/url]

September 25th is the day. Who's excited?

I hate to split hairs with AT&T but they failed on the promise of a "late summer" delivery. Autumn begins September 23rd.

On the other hand, it's better than them putting it off longer.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Stoked about MMS? Hell yeah. But like Poe, not so much about having to re-JB my phone. Here's to hoping aptbackup works, and works well. And moreso, that we have a JB available soon after the update!

Kenster#IM

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Public Relations Folly

I hate to split hairs with AT&T but they failed on the promise of a "late summer" delivery. Autumn begins September 23rd.

On the other hand, it's better than them putting it off longer.

Apple should not have featured MMS nor promised it in there last confrence. Should have waited until they had a launch date. Same thing with the TomTom car kit. They talked about keeping safe driving with the kit, yet the app is released without the kit and a vague late summer release. They should have released the kit and the app together. These things tend to sour people.:confused:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Apple should not have featured MMS nor promised it in there last confrence. Should have waited until they had a launch date.

So you think Apple should have made the rest of the world wait for MMS on the iPhone because AT&T in America wasn't ready?

I just hope that the wait for MMS pays off. I'd rather be upset about having to wait, than upset about it not working right. But if it ends up not working right when released anyway... I'll be very upset. I don't think there's going to be issues though.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
So you think Apple should have made the rest of the world wait for MMS on the iPhone because AT&T in America wasn't ready?

I just hope that the wait for MMS pays off. I'd rather be upset about having to wait, than upset about it not working right. But if it ends up not working right when released anyway... I'll be very upset. I don't think there's going to be issues though.

Yes since we had to wait hopefully its perfect.:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So now my other question is will this type of MMS have no limit on data?

Since MMS has always sucked anyway due to compressing pics, would the iPhone do
the same?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Stoked about MMS? Hell yeah. But like Poe, not so much about having to re-JB my phone. Here's to hoping aptbackup works, and works well. And moreso, that we have a JB available soon after the update!

You can get one of the carrier updates that are out there now and you should have mms the day it is released, without having to update to 3.1 prior to a jailbreak being released.

the same?

The iPhone already compresses pics for email, mms will be the same. AT&T is going to have caps on the size, like they do with all other phones and mms, for most of the smart phones the cap is between 300 and 600 kb. Where you will run into issues is sending images to "dumb" phones and phones on other networks with smaller caps.

Ree

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I am excited I just purchased an app to send pics but not receive. But I'm loving the phone and trying to like at&t

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
So ATT ****ed up big time. And to think they lost the trust of ALL of their customers (they FLAT OUT LIED as to the release date) because they can't release it 3 days sooner (when its still technically summer, which is still stretching it a bit)? Really?

Let's see how many people stay around once they are given the choice to leave.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

the same?

MMS picture quality is actually a bit higher than using the email share compression, 1024x768 vs 800x600.

The big downside is video. When emailing videos they can be as big as 15MB, so you send a decent looking 1 min clip to someone via email right from the phone, but the ~500KB limit kills videos on MMS.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
You can get one of the carrier updates that are out there now and you should have mms the day it is released, without having to update to 3.1 prior to a jailbreak being released.

You have to have a second AT&T phone to get MMS via the carrier update, correct - has to do w/putting the iPhone SIM in an older phone w/MMS, doing something on the website, yada yada? I think I've read about this, but the problem is that my iPhone is my only AT&T phone (and actually, my only phone period!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods