Finally 3G!!

devnull_1101

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
WooHoo!!!

As of today, this morning, I have 3G service in my area!!!. Been using EDGE forever only hitting 3G when I'd go 100 miles to nearest major city (am in southern OK).

Earlier today a co-worker suggested I check my phone, and low and behold 3G!!

:D:D

I know it's not going to be a drastic change to my iphone life, but it's so nice to finally see it I had to share.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL congrats man, if you browse, update apps, get apps, music it should actually be a pretty big change because it's ALOT faster than EDGE.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Congrats man. We are supposed to be getting 3g service here soon also. I live in Tuscaloosa AL and we where supposed to get it at the end of august but the local at&t spokes person has come out and said it will be another 30 days. If we don't get it here before my 30 day trial period is over I am gonna have to get a different phone :*( no use in paying 3g data price at edge speeds ><.

wgary

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey solius, Auburn went live with 3g last Friday. Just sayin', ya know? Gotta take a wi where you can find it. Ha. War Tide!

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
WooHoo!!!

As of today, this morning, I have 3G service in my area!!!. Been using EDGE forever only hitting 3G when I'd go 100 miles to nearest major city (am in southern OK).

Earlier today a co-worker suggested I check my phone, and low and behold 3G!!

:D:D

I know it's not going to be a drastic change to my iphone life, but it's so nice to finally see it I had to share.

Then there was 3g and we never heard from him again..:p

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hey solius, Auburn went live with 3g last Friday. Just sayin', ya know? Gotta take a wi where you can find it. Ha. War Tide!

That is great news wgary! Now when I come done to the games I can have 3G! SWEET!! WAR EAGLE!:D

@solius Tell T-Town to hurry up!:D I travel there quite a bit on business so need my 3G. Just ask Nick to give about a week salary to AT&T and they could have 3G all the way to Misissippi. :D:p

blane64

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Just download a Speedtest app, and check speed between Edge and 3G and you will see the difference. I get about 105 on edge, and 1800 on 3G.. Yes, makes a difference!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Congrats man. We are supposed to be getting 3g service here soon also. I live in Tuscaloosa AL and we where supposed to get it at the end of august but the local at&t spokes person has come out and said it will be another 30 days. If we don't get it here before my 30 day trial period is over I am gonna have to get a different phone :*( no use in paying 3g data price at edge speeds ><.

Umm.... you're not paying extra for 3G data. You pay more for having a smartphone. So unless you're going with a dumb phone for medianet data or no data at all, there is no reason to return your device.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
That is great news wgary! Now when I come done to the games I can have 3G! SWEET!! WAR EAGLE!:D

@solius Tell T-Town to hurry up!:D I travel there quite a bit on business so need my 3G. Just ask Nick to give about a week salary to AT&T and they could have 3G all the way to Misissippi. :D:p

Nick has more important stuff to do than to worry about us lowly people. He probably already has 3G exclusively for his own use seeing as AT&T is one of our sponsors :p I am eagerly waiting though supposed to be in the final stages of testing so shouldn't be long now.

Last edited:

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
So looks like we finally have 3G here in Tuscaloosa. Gotta say it's a world of difference compared to Edge. Loving it so far.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Umm.... you're not paying extra for 3G data. You pay more for having a smartphone. So unless you're going with a dumb phone for medianet data or no data at all, there is no reason to return your device.

When the iPhone got 3G...the data plan went up 10 bucks. You do pay more for data for 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2