I've been trying to talk w/ an att representative for the past hour via help chat through the premier website. Well EVERY chat rep I speak to has a crazy name and cannot speak english or answer a single question I ask about the plan, my discount, what it includes..etc.

They keep asking for my full name, last 4 of social, account password..etc. Is it possible this has been hacked or something? Or is this how at&t customer service is? I'm really confused, I want to purchase an iphone but if the customer service reps are being outsourced to god knows where I might just have to pass for that simple reason alone. GAH! I asked for their location and employee ID, " I would like to inform you US". I asked about the waived $36 activation fee promotion until aug 26, " I would like to inform you it's a one time fee " It went on like this for close to an hour with every different rep I talked to saying the exact same thing with a names like Kilguel and dimongue. This is crazy!
    08-19-2009 08:39 PM
    Why don't you just call them? What's your problem?
    08-19-2009 08:43 PM
    Why not just go in the morning to a store?
    08-19-2009 08:44 PM
    you know I'm glad you guys asked... I was in a store today and for some reason I can't get my full employer discount at store location. Was told I had to go through my employer's premier att site. Which is fine, but I just wanted to check on a couple things I had questions on. For example, When I select my phone and go to 1yr contract pricing it gives me a list with the iphone showing the same exact price as a 2yr contract. Under descriptions, it says that it's premier pricing only and valid with a new 1yr contract. However, when I go to order, the TOS says it's a 2yr contract. That's something I wanted to get clarified before ordering, ya know? Another question was at the store today they would only give me 20% off the voice plan and not data plan. When online it gives me 20% off both. Just random simple questions like this.
    08-19-2009 08:55 PM
    Strange. I would say calling would probably get you better results.
    08-19-2009 08:57 PM
    Well Depending how your phone is set up you should just be able to log into the AT&T site then go to upgrade my phone and that will take you directly to the premier site . At least with my companies set up that how it work . Just an FYI I am a NY State Government employee .
    08-19-2009 09:06 PM
    Well Depending how your phone is set up you should just be able to log into the AT&T site then go to upgrade my phone and that will take you directly to the premier site . At least with my companies set up that how it work . Just an FYI I am a NY State Government employee .
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not currently an att customer. I log on to the premier att site through my employers corp discount page.
    08-19-2009 09:14 PM
    you arent going to get a discount on the iphone. what i would suggest you do is buy the phone as a regular account and then do the steps you need to do to make it a premier account. i know i did it all online by entering my work email and all that fun stuff. you get discounts on extras and on the bill but i am sure apple isnt discounting iphones.
    08-19-2009 10:59 PM
    The Premier site will discount the iPhones, but only as much as the subsidized price of a new contract or qualifying upgrade. Meaning $199 for 16GB or $299 for 32GB.

I use the premier site also, as I have a discount from my employer, also. I, too, do not get the discount on the data plans, just voice. I am sure it depends on the contract or agreement they have with the employer.

The confusion of the time span could be that you are allowed to upgrade phones on a premier account (or a personal account for that matter) once a year if you spend over $100 a month on that line, this includes the voice plan, data and extras like messaging. The two years is the standard option for upgrades and new contracts for the full subsidy on the iPhone, or any other phone. A one year contract, if offered will usually cost you more for the device, as AT&T will try to get the money for the phone up front.

As far as the text chat, I sometimes believe that it is a computer responding, but not sure. As for ordering over the phone, you should get someone in America (could be wrong) from sales. Support, that's a whole different story, as to who answers the phone.
    08-20-2009 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD