Integrated Messaging?

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I just opened up the AT&T myWireless App to check out my usage and under "Data" it now has "Integrated Messaging" as well as my regular text and internet data usage. Anyone have any clue what this is? Says I've used 28/Unlimited.

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking it could have something to do with MMS, but since I have AT&T I figured that couldn't be it. I definitely haven't had 28 MMS messages sent to me. Picture of what I'm referring to if you fix the "xx" in the URL.

hxxp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/PikkonX/002.png

Last edited:

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking it could have something to do with MMS, but since I have AT&T I figured that couldn't be it. I definitely haven't had 28 MMS messages sent to me. Picture of what I'm referring to if you fix the "xx" in the URL.

hxxp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/PikkonX/002.png

it probably has something to do with AT&T removing the no MMS provision from accounts. the SMS plan you used to have had an opt-out, and it looks like they've changed your plan mid-month, as that "integrated messaging" appears to be a prorated amount. this is a good sign because that probably means that MMS is coming sooner rather than later!

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully that's the case because lately, I've been wishing I had MMS more than ever. No matter how many times I tell friends to email pics to my phone, they still end up making me go through viewmymessage.com...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the same thing this morning. I wasn't exactly sure what it meant for us in terms of MMS. Just waiting for the carrier file push and hoping it's soon :)

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Just to update, my online AT&T profile has also updated to show the messaging change. I wonder why none of the usual tech sites have run any stories on this, as it's certainly happening to many others as well. Profile pic:

hxxp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/PikkonX/iphone.png

hukilauh

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Integrated Messaging

I checked iTunes and clicked the update version of iphone software and there is a new software available to download. The version is 3.0.1. I'm in the process of downloading the new version. I don't know if this is the patch for the text messaging security flaw or if this is the update for mms. Just thought you may want to check it out to see if you have this software/firmware update available for your iphone as well.

Last edited:

hukilauh

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Integrated Messaging / 3.0.1 iPhone Update

The 3.0.1 has just installed on my iPhone and it doesn't include mms. It appears from other forums that Apple just released a patch for the text messaging security flaw. Happy for the patch, sad that it wasn't for mms though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR