My MMS is working!

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I just thought I'd share. I had already previously installed the leaked carrier update file to gain tethering access. However, MMS messages always failed to send.

It seems as though by some mean, AT&T has flipped the switch for MMSon COU (COmpany Official Use) lines that are used by employees.

My girlfriend accidentally MMS'd me a picture instead of sending it via email like she usually does and the pictures showed up. I'm not going into details about the carrier files I used because it's available all over the internet, but it's worth noting. Perhaps AT&T is going to flip the switch on MMS for consumer plans soon?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
That's awesome, hopefully before August is up us normal folks will be MMS-tastic as well :)

Thanks for keeping us up to date :)

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Got my MMS working now too, by basically using the old method people were using before it stopped working. I put my sim card into a go phone so I could officially change my plan to Messaging Unlimited (even though AT&T's recent changes to my account already reflected that service, but without the MMS functionality). Then I loaded one of the carrier files out there and my MMS has been working fine ever since.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Got my MMS working now too, by basically using the old method people were using before it stopped working. I put my sim card into a go phone so I could officially change my plan to Messaging Unlimited (even though AT&T's recent changes to my account already reflected that service, but without the MMS functionality). Then I loaded one of the carrier files out there and my MMS has been working fine ever since.

I'm curious, did you lose your Visual Voicemail as a result?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Is it me, or nobody cared about using MMS until the iPhone could not do it? It wasn't and isn't the most popular way of sending pictures ..

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
That's because you can't really appreciate such a basic feature until you notice it's missing. When it comes to your basic cell phone pics, it's always been the preferred method of sending pics for my friends/family since not everyone has a smartphone with other options.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
It's just been switched off on my COU line. Sorry for the false hopes. I never used it much anyway. As I've said before, it's easier for me to share the picture on facebook or flickr or twitpic. If someone doesn't have access to any of those three services, I probably could care less if they see it or not.

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It's just been switched off on my COU line. Sorry for the false hopes. I never used it much anyway. As I've said before, it's easier for me to share the picture on facebook or flickr or twitpic. If someone doesn't have access to any of those three services, I probably could care less if they see it or not.

every time i get it to work, it takes AT&T about 10 days to switch it back off..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods