Do I need the Enterprise Data Plan ($45) for Exchange Activesync?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
or can I use the Data Plan for iPhone ($30) and still use Exchange Activesync?

What's the difference between these plans?

Enterprise Data Plan - "When using iPhone to access corporate email, company intranet sites, and/or other business solutions/applications." -- What does this add to the capabilities of the iPhone?

Thanks.
Please reply ASAP, as I intend to buy the iPhone this evening ..

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I use my exchange and only have $30 Data plan so I don't think you have to get enterprise. Maybe that's for special features but maybe I'm wrong.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Enterprise is for businesses. Go with the $30 plan, as you will still be able to use your company's exchange settings to get push email/contacts/calendar.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Do you get "push" delivery through Exchange sync with your plan?
Aloke

Yes, I do (I use a hosted Exchange solution). Not sure what the Enterprise addition is really for unless there are companies pushing apps through the pipe to their employees in addition to Exchange services.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
There are no differences between the two data plans as far as functionality. Technically, the rep is supposed to ask if you will be using it for enterprise or business and charge you the $45 instead of $30. This is the same deal with all smartphones at AT&T. Blackberry is the only exception where you actually do have to have the $45 plan to connect to BES. You can use all the features and functionality of exchange without the $45 plan without worry. Only suckers pay $45.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2