First off, hi guys. I don't post a lot but this place has been very helpful for me over the last few months. Also, sorry for the bad URL links but apparently you need to have 10 posts on this forum before you can put a link in your post.

Now, on to business. Over the last week or so I've noticed that I've been getting my voicemails on my 3G substantially after the fact. Then today (Friday) I got one from Sunday. It turns out it was a pretty important call. I got absolutely no warning on the day of the call--no missed call indicator, no voicemail indicator, and I'm fairly sure my phone didn't ring at the time since I had it on me. Then, Friday, poof... there it is with the pop-up alert, message indicator, etc.

I started doing some research and it looks like this problem might be concurrent with the 3GS. (link--if I could post it--would go here)

Why, I don't know, but the temporary solution might be to check your voicemail manually, or maybe even use a service like youmail(dot)com to get e-mail notifications for voicemails.

It certainly is frustrating, and I figured I'd bring it to the attention of folks like me who mostly only read this blog for their iPhone updates. You can read more on it by doing a news search on Google. (again, link would go here if I could post it)

Cheers, and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Mods, sorry if this should've gone in iPhone Help, but I figured this might be the better forum for it since it seems to be a carrier issue.
    07-17-2009 09:44 PM
    I've encountered delayed visual voicemail notifications this week too and I'm in an Edge area running a 2G on OS 3.0. Anyone else experiencing issues around the country? I'm in upstate NY running off the Syracuse voicemail platform.
    07-19-2009 10:52 AM
    I assume you are experiencing the same problem MG Siegler wrote about on TechCrunch. The article is more a rant than a technical investigation, but it certainly indicates you are not alone with this problem.
    07-20-2009 12:13 AM
    I talked to an AT&T rep today and they confirmed they are having some sort of problems that are concurrent with the 3GS launch. She also said they don't have a fix yet but are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

She had no idea what had actually gone wrong.

Also, you can apparently dial in to your visual voicemailbox by pressing and holding the "1" key like you would on other cell phones. (A pleasant surprise, since this wasn't always the case with the iPhone.)
    07-20-2009 05:59 PM
    It's been bad for me too... and I'm on an employee line. I'm doing some investigation into it and I'll let you know what I've uncovered.
    07-20-2009 10:35 PM
    This seems to not be happening in the past few days for me. Anyone else?
    07-21-2009 03:22 PM
    This seems to not be happening in the past few days for me. Anyone else?
    Mine is fine. Just got one right now actually after a missed call. Took seconds.
    07-21-2009 05:10 PM
    Mine is fine. Just got one right now actually after a missed call. Took seconds.
    Seems to have sorted itself out now. All voicemails are coming straight thru. Was a little frustrating missing a voicemail by ~12 hours...
    07-21-2009 06:29 PM
    Seems to have sorted itself out now. All voicemails are coming straight thru. Was a little frustrating missing a voicemail by ~12 hours...
    I can imagine. When I was with Sprint, delayed text messages drove me insane.
    07-21-2009 07:36 PM
    I can imagine. When I was with Sprint, delayed text messages drove me insane.
    How dare you remind me of that evil...
    07-22-2009 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD