I am running 3.1 on my iPhone 3g with the officail carrier files. I tried sending a picture to my sister through messaging and it actually sent! Tried it again and it didn't work. No idea why this happened but thought I might share it.

I'm sure mms is on the final 3.1.
    07-02-2009 05:50 PM
    3.1? The newest is 3.0.
    07-02-2009 06:04 PM
    3.1? The newest is 3.0.
    He's running the latest developer beta.
    07-02-2009 06:07 PM
    Ah makes sense. I can't figure out how to use the MMS on 3.0. I read the walkthrough and I don't have that camera in my messaging app.
    07-02-2009 06:09 PM
    Ah makes sense. I can't figure out how to use the MMS on 3.0. I read the walkthrough and I don't have that camera in my messaging app.
    It's was completely removed ever since the 4th beta I believe by Apple.
    07-02-2009 06:23 PM
    Aw man, why would they do that? I read the list they present you when updating and it had mms. Hopefully they bring it back soon.
    07-02-2009 06:24 PM
    Aw man, why would they do that? I read the list they present you when updating and it had mms. Hopefully they bring it back soon.
    Look for it when 3.1 is released to the public. Chances are that's when AT&T will flip the switch.
    07-02-2009 06:34 PM
    Thanks bro, I feel more relaxed now.
    07-02-2009 06:35 PM
    I've tried it a few times and it fails to send every time just like beta 1 - 4.
    07-02-2009 08:03 PM
    will video be available on a 3g version if you get that mms or only on a 3gs? I'm probably answering my own question
    07-27-2009 10:51 AM
    You'll be able to play videos in quicktime on the iPhone, but obviously you can't create a video unless you have a 3GS.
    07-27-2009 12:16 PM
    only on 3GS, thats a hardware feature, not a software feature.
    It will never be avaliable on the 3G, unless you jailbreak and use cycorder.
    07-27-2009 12:27 PM
    He is right... like I said, MMS is coming sooner than later. I've been sending all of yesterday.

I normally have to call and enable a feature in the back-end every so often. I had not called back when it stopped working as I really didn't have the need to. Most of the people I message have iPhones w/o MMS (I converted a lot). I believe the process has begun. Just remember it's not going to be one swoop for all AT&T subscribers.

I am running 3.0 and it's working. All I did was d/l the carrier file. I normally have to input the settings as well.
    07-27-2009 12:27 PM
    It isn't an issue of software on the phone. MMS can be enabled on the phone with a simple carrier file update. No restoration necessary. The issue is the block on your account. I did a complete writeup breaking down what might be causing the delay somewhere on the forum. It might've been this thread. Search it!
    07-27-2009 01:44 PM
    It isn't an issue of software on the phone. MMS can be enabled on the phone with a simple carrier file update. No restoration necessary. The issue is the block on your account. I did a complete writeup breaking down what might be causing the delay somewhere on the forum. It might've been this thread. Search it!
    Not necessarily... my account keeps getting swept to remove a back-end feature. I would normally have to call every so often to re-enable it. A lot of users don't have the MMS block on their account, as a lot of customers have the family messaging. The ones without family messaging most like have "iPhone Text" rather than "Messaging" which only gives text capabilities like how it was back in the day when the packages for MMS and Text were split.
    07-29-2009 10:19 AM
    Not necessarily... my account keeps getting swept to remove a back-end feature. I would normally have to call every so often to re-enable it. A lot of users don't have the MMS block on their account, as a lot of customers have the family messaging. The ones without family messaging most like have "iPhone Text" rather than "Messaging" which only gives text capabilities like how it was back in the day when the packages for MMS and Text were split.
    I have the family messaging plan and can't send MMS. Although the 2 phones on the plan are both iPhones, so maybe that's why.
    07-29-2009 10:52 AM
    I have the family messaging plan and can't send MMS. Although the 2 phones on the plan are both iPhones, so maybe that's why.
    Same here when I tried to send MMS before it did not work and I have two iPhone on the family messaging. But now I just changed it two unlimited iPhone text on each iPhone so I can get my viewmymessage.com link.
    07-29-2009 10:55 AM
    If you have a family plan, just take the SIM card out and put it in another phone on AT&T with MMS capabilities. Make call to your voicemail, and pop the SIM back into the iPhone. It should work now. That is, assuming you have a special carrier file.
    07-29-2009 12:50 PM
    The Indians are restless
    07-30-2009 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD