took the dive, and installed the custom profile form benm.at --- i get this message when i try to setup tethering... its been uninstalled...
    Attachment 1639

as an aside, does it matter that i have my developer profile also installed on the phone?
    LOL everyone gets that message at some point, nothing is disabled or uninstalled. Just restart the phone, or go back in and tether. Again, stop worrying people.
    07-01-2009 07:47 PM
    That's right folks...stop worrying. Just keep stealing from ATT, after all they deserve it for not having tethering available the moment the 3Gs was launched. Heck, only .5% of all iphone customers are illegally accessing the tethering functionality. So that must make it ok....right?
    07-01-2009 11:08 PM
    That's right folks...stop worrying. Just keep stealing from ATT, after all they deserve it for not having tethering available the moment the 3Gs was launched. Heck, only .5% of all iphone customers are illegally accessing the tethering functionality. So that must make it ok....right?
    That's not really the point. The point is that we are paying for the right to access the internet. How we access the internet is not apple or AT&T's concern as long as we are accessing it through the iphone. Tethering by definition means using your phone as a modem/gateway to get to the internet through another computer. The internet is still accessed through the iphone. Just because I want to look at the internet on a bigger screen does not give them the right to charge me what could be as much as $55 to do so.

Where is the FCC in all of this? They like telling us what we can't do but seem to drop the ball on telling these companies what THEY can't do.
    10-17-2009 05:22 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD