AT&T Data Plan and Thethering

rsandlas

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Iphone and the data plan (and thetering info)

When you buy an iphone you must subscribe the to AT&t's unlimted data plan if i am not mistaken then how can people bills be like 500 dollars (some stories i have read ) does the data not cover all the internet usage?
how much do you pay monthly without your minutes ?

What are the differences?
It seems to me that the both allow you access the internet and the data plan is mandatory so why would you even need tethering?

Last edited:

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
The reason people usually get ridiculously high bills tends to be because of international roaming. The data plan only covers calls made in the US (or on US towers -- i.e when in some parts of the northern US you wind up roaming on Rogers so you have to be careful and turn off data roaming in your settings).

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I just installed this to play with it. Is there a way to uninstall after I've played? Can it just sit there and as long as I don't use it, it won't hurt anything?

Setting>General>Profile>Remove
And then if the tethering is still there try to tethering and it will remove it.

shadowd7

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
they go either over minutes, txts, or ROAM a lot, with talk/txt/and very expensive, roaming data....

just turning on your iphone int'ly can cost you a lot, cuz iphone just goes and downloads things....