AT&T MMS *Vital UPDATE not till "early" OCTOBER!!!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I concur...the single reason I am with ATT is the iPhone.

And now I'm really pissed at ATT, I just got an important MMS from someone that does not have a phone with email and I got that stupid "viewmymessage" link and all it does is give me errors!!!:mad::mad::mad:

ATT needs to get this fixed ASAP, I don't want to hear "by the end of summer", I want it done NOW.

jscottbarnes

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm holding firm to late summer.... soooo many AT&T staff in store are frankly clueless...

Those that don't follow the Apple blogs didn't even know about the 3GS until after the WWDC announcement..

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
I keep being so annoyed with how unprepared AT&T has been for everything in 3.0 and the 3GS. Then last night while listening to the TiPb podcast discussion of AT&T, it dawned on me: what if Apple distrusts AT&T so much that they actually don't let them in on what their upcoming products are?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Really? This much hostility!?wow! Ok. It's your ulcer. Have fun with that.

From the problems it causes it's a huge pain the ass, and we are paying for it.

Just think, for unlimited text, you pay almost as much as we all do for data! That's a incredible rip-off, they should be working 24/7 to get it implemented ASAP, not giving us some "end of summer" BS. Apparently whoever is running ATT never learned anything about running a business properly.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yea they should offer a discount.

The thing is, text messaging should beincluded in the data package, but all the carriers rip us off for texts, however, since ATT is screwing iphone customers they should be giving us texts for free or for like 5 a month for unlimited, I'm paying 20 right now for a few kb of data, it's nuts. At least if we had MMS it wouldn't be so bad.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The thing is, text messaging should beincluded in the data package, but all the carriers rip us off for texts, however, since ATT is screwing iphone customers they should be giving us texts for free or for like 5 a month for unlimited, I'm paying 20 right now for a few kb of data, it's nuts. At least if we had MMS it wouldn't be so bad.

Yea $20 for just texting and no MMS? Maybe someone should start a petition.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Ok ok. Today I had a problem with my voicemail and the phone called AT&T for me. When I got
a human on the phone, she
was very helpful. Anyway, since reading this and many other posts about MMs I decided to ask her what the deal is and why hasn't AT&T offered us iphoners MMs? Her reply... We have absolutely no control over apes software. "really!". So I push. "Apple announces at WWDC that AT&T will not be offering MMs until late summer?!". She said "this is starting to make me angry, let me put you on hold and we'll call Apple". So now I'm on the phone with AT&T and Apple. " sir, att&t is up grading their net work and MMs and terhering will be available when the upgrade is complete. You will receive a text with a link to upgrade your carrier file in about (this is why Im posting) Three weeks".

So it seems to me that this is good news for all you MMs Jonesers. My gues is and has alway been July.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok ok. Today I had a problem with my voicemail and the phone called AT&T for me. When I got
a human on the phone, she
was very helpful. Anyway, since reading this and many other posts about MMs I decided to ask her what the deal is and why hasn't AT&T offered us iphoners MMs? Her reply... We have absolutely no control over apes software. "really!". So I push. "Apple announces at WWDC that AT&T will not be offering MMs until late summer?!". She said "this is starting to make me angry, let me put you on hold and we'll call Apple". So now I'm on the phone with AT&T and Apple. " sir, att&t is up grading their net work and MMs and terhering will be available when the upgrade is complete. You will receive a text with a link to upgrade your carrier file in about (this is why Im posting) Three weeks".

So it seems to me that this is good news for all you MMs Jonesers. My gues is and has alway been July.

I hope that's right, you gotta understand why it makes some people so angry is because sometimes people send you important pics, and me having to drive home just to goonto that viewmymessage site is a royal pain, it's not 1994, ATT needs to get their act together. If everyone had iphones we could just email things to eachother, but that's not realistic..:p

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
And now I'm really pissed at ATT, I just got an important MMS from someone that does not have a phone with email and I got that stupid "viewmymessage" link and all it does is give me errors!!!:mad::mad::mad:

ATT needs to get this fixed ASAP, I don't want to hear "by the end of summer", I want it done NOW.

"...an important MMS from someone that does not have a phone with email"

How important can an MMS really be? Second... they don't have email either? They do ;)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Well... I'll be happy to not have to share the bandwidth with as much people when it opens up to another carrier. :)

I'm happy. We didn't have it for two years... a month or two (even three for that matter) for something so small is going to make the difference? Lol.

If it was AT&T's fault, I would agree. You should really be saying "no more apple" and go to a Pre or Berry.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have revived many of those stupid links. I understand how frustrating it is to navigate that site. So whenever i recieve one of those "view my message" texts. I delete it and don't bother.
I hate being stressed so I have learned to just " let it go"
I bought the phone knowing it did not have MMs. If it were that important to me I would have bought a different device. Sure! I'll use it when it's activated but until then I refuse to get all worked up. It isn't worth the stress and the harmful effects that stress causes. I always remember that MY choices have put me in MY current position. So I chill and wait for my next choice, perhaps I'll choose better, perhaps not.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't be as upset at AT&T if their message website WORKED. The vast majority of the time I go to the site and it says I need to be looking for viewmymessage.com/1 or /2. Then after 4-5 login attempts with what I know is the correct password it might work.

At least some of my friends have listened and been sending them to my email. I mostly just want to be able to get pictures, I barely send them.

iLynn7

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who has an unlocked iPhone 3G and has AT&T... he just texted me today and told me that he has MMS... Havent seen it yet, he could be lying, don't know why he would out the blue... but ummm yeah... he said he saw it in some setting... lol

shadowd7

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If they make you activate it through then they're probably going to charge you more, as far as each MMS=4 Txt msgs or something like that, so they're giving you an option...

I AM A CEO OF AT&T & APPLE, MMS WILL BE AVAILBLE WITHIN THE CENTURY!!! GUARANTEED!! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2