AT&T MMS *Vital UPDATE not till "early" OCTOBER!!!

only1jonarius

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
just left AT&T Store and asked rep when will the MMS be supported for ALL iphones. The answer was OCTOBER! The update will be done manually in iTunes. what are YOUR thoughts?!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I hope not but if I can wait until summer I can wait until october. But is probably not true because no ones know's anything about it.

Last edited:

aznmixplate

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
AT&T reps know next to nothing when it comes to when these services are going to be released. If you ask one AT&T Rep, you'll get one date, and if you ask the one standing 10 feet away, he'll give you another answer. The truth is, we can all look for tidbits and insider info and all that stuff but the bottom line here is that we won't know until we get it. The most we can do is hope that AT&T sticks to it's "late summer" promise.

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I work for AT&T and I can confirm with everyone here that there has been no announcement on the release date for MMS. All that we have been told is that they're pushing for an August release, but it's not guaranteed. Whichever AT&T associate told you that completely gave you wrong information, I can promise you that.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I work for AT&T and I can confirm with everyone here that there has been no announcement on the release date for MMS. All that we have been told is that they're pushing for an August release, but it's not guaranteed. Whichever AT&T associate told you that completely gave you wrong information, I can promise you that.

Ditto to what he said.......all the misinformation is ridiculous. Putting out "late summer" as the release was not a good idea for AT&T; it would've been better to just name a date and stick to it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My friend has a daughter that has a friend that has a cousin that was the roommate of some guy that works at AT&T and says.....

AT&T, while slow will turn it on ....eventually.

itoine

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Lol you guys are silly. But I really hope they stick to the late summer release. I'm hoping for July sometime. It's not really bothering me much because it's not lime I send or recieve picture all the time but it's just a nice and easy feature whenever I do . I was more excited about the landscape texting than anything.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
The thing that's kind of distressing about it is that if they don't intend to charge extra for it (and they seem to be saying they won't), then they have everything to lose and nothing to gain from enabling MMS.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The thing that's kind of distressing about it is that if they don't intend to charge extra for it (and they seem to be saying they won't), then they have everything to lose and nothing to gain from enabling MMS.

They say they won't charge extra if you have a test messaging plan.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
My friend's cousin's uncle's brother's former roommate says that you can now send up to 5 pictures at a time from your iPhone using email. No charge.

Works for me.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The sad fact is this just goes to show how horrid AT&T is, we were promised MMS with the release of 3.0 and AT&T is holding it back, yet people in Canada and 27 other countries got it on the 17th.

AT&T can go to hell, the second the iphone moves to another carrier I'm gone.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
The sad fact is this just goes to show how horrid AT&T is, we were promised MMS with the release of 3.0 and AT&T is holding it back, yet people in Canada and 27 other countries got it on the 17th.

AT&T can go to hell, the second the iphone moves to another carrier I'm gone.

I concur...the single reason I am with ATT is the iPhone.