If I upgrade from 3G to 3GS does it add 2 years to my current agreement?

chippyt

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 3G last year and became a new customer of ATT with a 2-year agreement. My agreement isn't over until next July (2010). Since ATT is allowing early 3GS upgrades, I checked and I am eligible for the discounted price of the 3GS.

If I upgrade to the 3GS with the discounted price does it add 2 years to my current commitment, thus I would have 3 more years with ATT or does it reset my 2 year commitment, so I would just have 2 years of commitment?

Also, what is the penalty if I close my ATT contract early at some time in the future?

Thanks.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Your 2 year contract will be reset.

If you chose to cancel while still under contract, you will have an early termination fee. I don't know off hand what the fee is, but I do know that it decreases depending on how far into your contract you're in.

Last edited:

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Add two more years to whatever you have left. AT&T isn't stupid. They are in the business to make money. The longer you are tied down the more money they make.

No it is not reset. It is stacked on.

PRC

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Add two more years to whatever you have left. AT&T isn't stupid. They are in the business to make money. The longer you are tied down the more money they make.

No it is not reset. It is stacked on.

You are wrong, they do not ADD 2 years. Your contract is reset to start at 2 years again. Call and ask for yourself.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
no Infenit101. you are wrong. the contract is not stacked onto your current contract. it is two years total. end of story.@chiippyT do not listen to him he is wrong.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Everyone but Infenit101 is correct. :)

Although they did a one year contract for me because I am special. ;)

Chris

chippyt

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. I upgraded to the 3GS and they confirmed that it resets my 2-years, it does not add 2 years to my current contract.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR