I know when you have an iPhone you get free AT&T wi-fi at AT&T hot-spot locations.

My question is can you log on with your laptop, or does the free wi-fi only apply to your phone?

I have AT&T home DSL and if I take my laptop out I can log on at hot-spots for free using my home number info. I was wonder if it's the same deal with the iPhone plan.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    06-20-2009 10:55 AM
    The free WIFI only applies to your phone because it is automatically confirmed to be an AT&T phone and logs on.

Now I know Starbucks has a program where you can create an account and get something like 2 Hours free WIFI per day as long as you purchase something at the Starbucks using your card once a week or something. Read all about it on the Starbucks website. Its kinda confusing to me.
    06-21-2009 02:04 PM
    Yeah, you have to have att DSL service to get free wifi for other devices like your laptop
    06-21-2009 06:03 PM
    The free WIFI only applies to your phone because it is automatically confirmed to be an AT&T phone and logs on.

Now I know Starbucks has a program where you can create an account and get something like 2 Hours free WIFI per day as long as you purchase something at the Starbucks using your card once a week or something. Read all about it on the Starbucks website. Its kinda confusing to me.
    It's actually real simple. All you need a starbucks card (which is free). You register the card on starbucks.com. Then you can create an AT&T wifi account with the starbucks card. All you need to do use the starbucks card once a month and you get 2 free hours day of wifi. I just put 5 bucks on the card before I buy my drink, then buy my drink with card.
    06-21-2009 06:12 PM
    It's actually real simple. All you need a starbucks card (which is free). You register the card on starbucks.com. Then you can create an AT&T wifi account with the starbucks card. All you need to do use the starbucks card once a month and you get 2 free hours day of wifi. I just put 5 bucks on the card before I buy my drink, then buy my drink with card.
    Thanks, I had never taken the time to read through it all, but now I know. Going to go get a Starbucks card now, just got my new Macbook last night.
    06-23-2009 09:05 AM
    tether your phone once it's on the wifi...............
    06-23-2009 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD