I have a Treo with the $15 MediaNet Unlimited bundle. I just received my new iPhone and my question is, can I somehow keep MediaNet and avoid the extra $15/month?

I have not activated the phone yet as I am hoping some of you experts will have some suggestions on how I can do this.

Thanks in Advance for reading and responding.
    06-19-2009 01:07 PM
    No. AT&T will detect that you have the iPhone and add the iPhone data plan.
    06-19-2009 01:17 PM
    @llofte

ATT adding the plan is fine. I'm just wondering if I can continue using MediaNet until then.
    06-19-2009 01:22 PM
    @llofte

ATT adding the plan is fine. I'm just wondering if I can continue using MediaNet until then.
    You could but I would just change it.
    06-19-2009 01:23 PM
    I'm confused. Once you activate the phone, the iPhone data plan will be added. If you continue to use your Treo and don't activate, then AT&T won't put on the iPhone plan.
    06-19-2009 01:26 PM
    I'm confused. Once you activate the phone, the iPhone data plan will be added. If you continue to use your Treo and don't activate, then AT&T won't put on the iPhone plan.
    What she said. just get the iPhone Data no a big deal.
    06-19-2009 01:28 PM
    If you cannot afford the data plan get another phone.
    06-22-2009 02:18 PM
    If your using an iPhone you must have the iPhone data plan. That's all. Unless you unlock, jailbreak or something. And that comes with it's own set of risks.
    06-22-2009 05:22 PM
    If you cannot afford the data plan get another phone.
    Hahaha. Valid point. I would like to think that you give more credit to your fellow iPhone users in regards to finances. Didn't you see the demographics survey TIPB.com posted severa weeks ago? Money is not an issue.

PS - I ended up activating the data plan on both iPhone 3G S's. I'm able to work twice as fast since I have two.
    06-24-2009 10:59 AM
    No, it's required you have an iphone data plan when activating your iphone.
    06-30-2009 01:40 PM
    IF YOU WANT...
    you could wait for the jailbreak, and activate the iphone though the Jailbreaking software, and Literally Swap the SIM card, and you WILL KEEP your cheaper Media Net plan!!, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AGREE WITH AT&T THAT YOU HAVE AN iPHONE WHAT-SO-EVER, and ALSO NEVER GIVE THEM, IMEI NUMBER, and always keep the previous phone for the IMEI just in case they mess with you....

and if they talk to you saying " I see you have an iPhone on your account " simply say no i have a (the other phone) and they will shut up!!, if they ask for IMEI #. say Im on the phone and cant get it right now....

and if you need to show that its actually the phone your using not an iphone, simply swap sims and make a few calls on that phone with your sim, call ppl, voicemail etc....

that will re-register it on their side,

this i learned from Experience, so Good Luck
    06-30-2009 01:43 PM
    They will catch you, change your plan and charge you for the difference? so you can either be legit, or bypass and pay more.
    06-30-2009 02:48 PM
    I have Done all what im about to Explain, and can Guarantee it!!

if you ACTIVATE an iPhone through iTunes on your account, it will automatically add the data plan to your account...

if you simply Swap sims, then they cant change your plan unless you give them the IMEI number of the iPhone....they can ask you, "it looks like you have an iphone on your account..." simply say its a computer error, and that you have a regular phone (nokia, sony, LG, w/e)

to make the swapped sim work, you have to bypass the activate screen, (the one with the USB wire and the iTunes, that show up on the iPhone screen
    07-01-2009 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD