AT&T Online Pre-Ordering...Any Updates?

alawson84

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I pre-ordered my iPhone 3G s through the AT&T website and received an email on Saturday saying "The wait is almost over for the iPhone 3G s" and it had a place for me to check the status of my order. Ever since then though it just keeps saying "In Progress" Anyone know when/if AT&T will be shipping phones soon? Thanks.

belle

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So I initialy ordered my phone from Apple with arrival information for the 19th. However it was for a new line activation even though I was looking for an upgrade. I initially tried ordering through the upgrade area but I kept receiving errors so I ordered new account figuring I would fix the situation later. Well I canceled it though and ordered from AT&T. Now I regret doing so.

I have no updates from AT&T besides

" We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly. "

So I called and spoke to Premier acct rep and she told me that AT&T would not begin processing orders until the 19th. People would receive it after this date. Shipping from their warehouse will go by first orders received. She could not tell me if I am included in that batch. She said they didnt have that information :confused: how could they not already provide status info on how many orders vs how many iphones they have in stock. She had no info on when I would received mine. So I said, "If my status doesnt change on the 19th I can easily call back and cancel correct" she said "yes we can try"

"Try" great. Apple.com seems to now be accepting the upgrade orders and their shipping info says June 20-26 (2-6 business days) and I've considered just canceling at&t and just reordering from apple.com.........

I want my phone already.

also, my cc has not been charged yet and she said that would occur when your item is ready to ship.

P.S. I ordered from AT&T on the 10th.

Last edited:

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So I initialy ordered my phone from Apple with arrival information for the 19th. However it was for a new line activation even though I was looking for an upgrade. I initially tried ordering through the upgrade area but I kept receiving errors so I ordered new account figuring I would fix the situation later. Well I canceled it though and ordered from AT&T. Now I regret doing so.

I have no updates from AT&T besides

" We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly. "

So I called and spoke to Premier acct rep and she told me that AT&T would not begin processing orders until the 19th. People would receive it after this date. Shipping from their warehouse will go by first orders received. She could not tell me if I am included in that batch. She said they didnt have that information :confused: how could they not already provide status info on how many orders vs how many iphones they have in stock. She had no info on when I would received mine. So I said, "If my status doesnt change on the 19th I can easily call back and cancel correct" she said "yes we can try"

"Try" great. Apple.com seems to now be accepting the upgrade orders and their shipping info says June 20-26 (2-6 business days) and I've considered just canceling at&t and just reordering from apple.com.........

I want my phone already.

also, my cc has not been charged yet and she said that would occur when your item is ready to ship.

I ordered the iPhone 3GS from apple.com on Monday evening with an upgrade and it's guaranteed at my door first thing friday morning.

As far as you're situation goes, I wouldn't cancel the current contract you have and then sign a new 2-year contract and order the iPhone, you're going to be spending alot more money then needed. Just be patient, a few more days isn't going to kill anyone.

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm quite tempted to cancel my AT&T order and order from Apple but at this point I doubt I would get it any sooner. I'm moving from Verizon as a new customer so there wouldn't be any problem...

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I had to order through AT&T as I ordered two iPhone 3Gs. I placed my order on the 11th and received the order number on the 13th. As of a few minutes ago, my status is still In Process.

At what point does the photo of your phone in your ATT account update? I was thinking ATT would do this as soon as I ordered it as they have done in the past.

PS - This is my first post and I'm glad to be an official and no longer just a viewer.

alawson84

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I tried to order though Apple but it kept saying I would have to pay $599 and there was no way in hell I was going to pay that. When I went through the AT&T site it said it would cost me $399 so I decided to go though them. It sucks because I ordered one on the 9th and one on the 10th and both still just say "In Process" Honestly, AT&T is a pain in the ass. As soon as the exclusive is up I'm taking my iPhone and going to Verizon.

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That's a nice thought but you'd never be able to just take your iPhone to Verizon. They use two completely different network technologies. Apple would have to release a new iPhone compatible with CDMA technology, which means you'd have to buy another iPhone. Assuming that's within the next 2 years you'd be paying the cancellation fee to AT&T and the price of the new phone. But hey...it's your money (and I'm actually paying a cancellation fee with Verizon).

alawson84

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I was talking about when the exclusive agreement ends which should be a little over two years if all goes the way it is setup to. Based on how much AT&T sucks (especially when my first iPhone broke) I'd probably be willing to pay to go to Verizon and pay for a new iPhone if they had one. Just my thoughts though. I really just wish AT&T would have my phone ready to ship though. Oh well. Here's to wishful thinking.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I had to order through AT&T as I ordered two iPhone 3Gs. I placed my order on the 11th and received the order number on the 13th. As of a few minutes ago, my status is still In Process.

At what point does the photo of your phone in your ATT account update? I was thinking ATT would do this as soon as I ordered it as they have done in the past.

PS - This is my first post and I'm glad to be an official and no longer just a viewer.

I also ordered two iphones through ATT on the 11th. I have received tracking numbers for both phones (currently they are in Dallas, TX) and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Given the fact you also ordered on the 11th, I'm surprised your status has not been updated.

belle

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
update :
at 1130 am EST I received tracking information

however status on line remains the same

Date Ordered:
Jun 10, 2009

We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly.

Last edited:

airness007

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Alot of hit and miss through at&t orders with status updates - apple.com orders prior to 6/10 appeared to have all shipped - I have recieved 8 emails from apple - some saying overnight fee will be credited, etc. I am guessin at&t put all a hault to ups order updates, due to the mass confusion with early delivery dates, etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2