NYC users- is AT&T turning you off to the iPhone?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm from the NYC area and I currently have Verizon. All I read about is how lousy the service is in NYC, which is partially expected because of the high number of iPhone users and all the interference (i.e. skyscrapers). AT&T has plans to upgrade the network with more cell towers and the HSPA upgrade is about to start, which should help. But the new iPhone is coming out...

So is the NYC service so bad that you're not getting an iPhone or upgrading it? Or thinking twice about it?

I've also heard edge is more reliable than 3g in nyc, true?

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
it works alright for me. its not perfect everywhere but its decent for sure. and AT&T did recently update the towers.
PS. im in the bronx but im in the city a lot and use my iphone a ton there.

bvilly

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm from the NYC area and I currently have Verizon. All I read about is how lousy the service is in NYC, which is partially expected because of the high number of iPhone users and all the interference (i.e. skyscrapers). AT&T has plans to upgrade the network with more cell towers and the HSPA upgrade is about to start, which should help. But the new iPhone is coming out...

So is the NYC service so bad that you're not getting an iPhone or upgrading it? Or thinking twice about it?

I've also heard edge is more reliable than 3g in nyc, true?

I live in the Bronx and work in the city and never have a problem with service.

I am happy with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2