Who here has an Iphone on the T-mobile network? And how is the internet on it?
    06-15-2009 08:29 PM
    I've been using an officially unlocked (Italian) iPhone 3G on T-mobile for about 8 months. I average about 180 kbs download speeds and have had ZERO problems (I'm on a BlackBerry unlimited data plan. I am very happy with how well the iPhone works on T-mobile.
    Last edited by mrlang; 06-16-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    06-16-2009 08:54 PM
    I have a yellowsn0w unlocked iPhone which has been running on T-mobile since January. I use the smartphone internet +400 msgs plan and have had no problem. EDGE can be slow at times but most of my surfing is on WiFi. I really enjoy the savings over AT&T.
    06-17-2009 10:52 AM
    I agree with the previous posters. I bought my iPhone in February for use Tmobile and have had no problems. I'd bought it from ATT - jailbroke and unlocked it the day it was delivered. Great savings vs. ATT. Only annoyance is, like said previously, Edge can be slow - but it's never been "unusable".
    06-18-2009 03:06 PM
    I have had every iPhone (1st gen, second gen and soon 3rd). Each has been unlocked and I have used my T-Mobile SIM. Everything works flawlessly.
    06-19-2009 12:30 AM
    In order to get a sim card do you first have to buy a T-Mobile phone?
    06-19-2009 11:26 PM
    hey guys i'm new to the forum and i'm sure it's been answered before but, I've got an unlocked iPhone 2g and the browser won't work for some reason. I'm on T-mo and got the shadow data + messaging plan for 20 dollars and have the apn set to epc.tmobile.com....dunno what i'm doing wrong and its getting frustrating not being able to get on the web without wi-fi...any help is nice!
    07-02-2009 06:19 AM
    hey guys i'm new to the forum and i'm sure it's been answered before but, I've got an unlocked iPhone 2g and the browser won't work for some reason. I'm on T-mo and got the shadow data + messaging plan for 20 dollars and have the apn set to epc.tmobile.com....dunno what i'm doing wrong and its getting frustrating not being able to get on the web without wi-fi...any help is nice!
    You configured the APN wrong, here are the right settings:

Go To Settings>Carrier>General>Network>Cellular Data Network
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username and Password do not enter anything

Hope this works for you
    07-09-2009 09:42 AM
    In order to get a sim card do you first have to buy a T-Mobile phone?
    Looking forward to an answer to this question. Just chiming in so the forum will notify me.
    07-09-2009 10:58 AM
    Looking forward to an answer to this question. Just chiming in so the forum will notify me.
    No you do not, I took my AT&T phone to TMO and they just sold me a sim or you can buy a TMO sim on eBay...
    07-09-2009 12:08 PM
    ive been searching and cant find this...but are there any prepaid sim cards that offer data for the iphone?

mine is a 2g unlocked/jailbroken and running 3.0
    thanks
    07-15-2009 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD