I think AT&T users are getting shafted. I started a petition. Sign in with a twitter or take a few seconds to create an account and sign it. It will be forwarded to all AT&T corporate officers once we have enough signatures!

AT&T iPhone users for MMS on 6/17/2009!! - Petition Spot
    06-10-2009 04:17 PM
    I think AT&T users are getting shafted. I started a petition. Sign in with a twitter or take a few seconds to create an account and sign it. It will be forwarded to all AT&T corporate officers once we have enough signatures!

AT&T iPhone users for MMS on 6/17/2009!! - Petition Spot
    Just signed it
    06-10-2009 05:26 PM
    MMS won't be available every where else in the world on 6/17. Only in ~26 countries I think they said.
    06-10-2009 05:39 PM
    I signed it, I even retweeted your tweet, but I don't think it will do any good. From what I have read AT&T is having to manually remove the opt out for each iPhone 3G user. I would really like it to be ready because I do not know if I will be able to modify the carrier file on my 3G S when it gets here. It is gonna suck not to have mms on my new phone.
    06-10-2009 05:48 PM
    I just talked to a customer service person at at&t and asked them to activate MMS for my iPhone. The guy said that he couldn't do anything and to talk to Apple to activate it...which I know shouldn't be the case since MMS is a feature for at&t, right?
    06-10-2009 06:58 PM
    Don't really care bout the MMS thing. but, MMS is good to go on 3.0 and yes it needs carrier support.

I am sure AT&T is well aware of the general disappointment. I am also sure that Apple is putting the pressure on. Did you see Scott's face when he said AT&T will support MMS later in the summer? He was not happy!
    06-10-2009 07:46 PM
    Apple doesn't activate MMS, that's AT&T, it's their service. Apple will have to put out a carrier settings update for AT&T once they are ready for MMS. Currently the MMS options/icons are hidden in the latest software.
    06-10-2009 07:48 PM
    I guess it was more to make a point. I don't really expect AT&T to respond. Or if I'll even get enough signatures to take it anywhere.

And you guys are right, Apple has nothing to do with activating MMS, that's AT&T. Seems to me a lot of people have gotten that response from AT&T reps and if they're telling people to call Apple, that's crappy. Apple can't do anything and they shouldn't have to take the heat for AT&T being retarded.

I don't understand why they can't just come up with a better idea.

What if AT&T sent a mass e-mail or text to everyone that has an iPhone (like they do for people that don't have the correct data plan), and say "Hey go to your OLAM and change your text plan to the new option available to allow MMS to work on your iPhone"

They can create a new iPhone messaging plan that provisions MMS and just let the customer change it themselves by signing into their account and changing a setting.
    Tada, problem solved.
    06-10-2009 11:54 PM
    I agree. I just signed your petition too. I'm not happy wit AT&T and not being ready. As much as I pay a month they should have been readylast year.
    06-11-2009 01:14 AM
    I signed it!!
    06-11-2009 01:39 AM
    I signed it too, AT&T has no excuse, they've known MMS was coming since at least March, and I'm sure Apple told them about it long before that.

And we're already paying for it, AT&T needs to get off their asses and make it happen by the 17th, making us wait untl the end of September is unacceptable

If they can spy on us all they can surely enable MMS by next week..
    06-11-2009 02:25 AM
    Not a bad thought.

It would be a miracle if it worked.
    06-11-2009 02:27 AM
    Not a bad thought.

It would be a miracle if it worked.
    I just figure if they're already capable of sending mass texts, make their lives easier, send a mass text announcing a new option under OLAM and tell people to switch it by a certain date or it will be changed for them eventually.
    06-11-2009 02:32 AM
    LOL. It's still not going to be avialable when 3.0 comes out.

People need to understand that it's more than just not giving people what they want. Obviously there are some problems going on over there and they are working to resolve it.

There is nothing a petition will do to change that.
    06-11-2009 08:13 AM
    Besides, having just a few people switch isn't going to help. It needs to be everyone or the next batch of complaints will be "I sent so-and-so an MMS and he never got it" cause his iPhone doesn't have MMS enabled yet.

Personally...I've been happy with emailing photos on phones for years. Sprint used picturemail, which I hated, so I've trained all my friends to just email me pictures. I can live without mms.
    06-11-2009 08:22 AM
    Besides, having just a few people switch isn't going to help. It needs to be everyone or the next batch of complaints will be "I sent so-and-so an MMS and he never got it" cause his iPhone doesn't have MMS enabled yet.

Personally...I've been happy with emailing photos on phones for years. Sprint used picturemail, which I hated, so I've trained all my friends to just email me pictures. I can live without mms.
    Did not think about that but yes and some people's MMS will not work.
    06-11-2009 08:25 AM
    Also , the iPhone could technically MMS from the get go.

Just have someone send you an MMS to your email and you reply back to that address with a photo.

Ex. Your mms address is xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.com ( or att.mms ).

So technically we could of all MMS from launch. Just a tad more technical.
    06-11-2009 08:52 AM
    i can understand you are annoyed with it not being enabled, but a petition isnt going to help, unless the petition can fix the network infrastructure. think about it its in their interest to get it running so that can make money from it.
    06-11-2009 08:57 AM

Just have someone send you an MMS to your email and you reply back to that address with a photo.

You know that doesn't work 100% of the time with every carrier, right? I haven't got that to work correctly with one person on my entire contact list!
    06-11-2009 09:12 AM
    That is correct, most people I know still have crappy phones that can't get e-mail, but they all get MMS, and sending pictures out to peoples numbers at their provider's e-mail doesn't always work.

Since March we've all thought that the viewmymessage torture would finally come to an end this June when 3.0 came out, only to be teased and find out we have to wait another 3+ months, AT&T has known about this longer than we have, yet they've sat on their thumbs until this week? This isn't 1899, they shouldbe able to have this done by the 17th at the latest!

Add to the fact that we're paying for MMS and not getting it, 20 bucks a month for unlimited text messaging, think about that, that's almost what we pay for data, and text messages probably use up a tenth of a percent of bandwidth that data does. So they need to get off their asses and make it happen instead of coming up with excuses.
    06-11-2009 10:17 AM

@mms.att.net does not work just so you know
    06-11-2009 11:09 AM
    50,000 Goal not gonna happen.
    06-11-2009 11:10 AM
    @mms.att.net does not work just so you know
    Yes it does. I've been doing it since way back w/ the first gen.

If someone wants to send YOU one on your iPhone, have them send it to your e-mail. If YOU want to send one, send it to theirnumber@mms.att.net

I assure you, it works just fine.
    06-11-2009 11:19 AM
    And NO the @mms.att.net does not work, HAS not worked since day one for me!
    4 of my other friends on AT&T have the exact same issue. DOES NOT WORK!

So either its a conspiracy against us, it does not work for everyone.
    06-11-2009 03:38 PM
    Do you think it working for some people is depending on whether or not they have a provision on their account?

I wonder if MMS will automatically work for iPhone users who have a family texting plan on their account, as they can not provision no MMS as other lines on the account DO support MMS.

I have 5 lines on my account, 3 out of the 5 support pic messages and they actively send and receive them.

It's something to think about.

And I don't understand how the @mms.att.net isn't working for some people. I'm telling you it does work, because I use it frequently. I send pic messages to people w/ AT&T (my brother and a few friends), ppl with verizon (@vzwpix.com), and people with centennial (@myblue.com) and all of them get them.

I don't know then, because I've never had an issue and neither have any of my friends that have iPhones.

The petition was about making a point. If you don't want to sign it, just don't sign it. Your comments about how it's pointless aren't really necessary. K, thanks.
    06-11-2009 04:09 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD