Petition for AT&T to support MMS on iPhones on 6/17

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
For some it works with Family messaging, with some it doesn't. My mms functions as it should, on my family texting plan.

and @Tramain

hmm, well then I'll just cross my fingers that when 3.0 drops, my MMS will just "work" since we have family texting. 3 out of the 5 phones on my plan are not iPhones. The other 2 are me and the gf's iPhone 3Gs. I'll just hope MMS will go through since our account shouldn't have that provision. I know my dad, brother and mom get MMS fine. I had to call a few mos ago because they weren't. Never realized that may of been because of the iPhone provision. Either way - it works now after a rep made a few changes.

I'll cross my fingers :p

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Cool got a link so I can do it when 3.0 comes out and does AT&T charge you for MMS?

I posted instructions with links on here somewhere. At&t does not charge me for mms, I have family unlimited messaging and my account has been provisioned for mms since long before 3.0 was even announced in march. I have read that some, did not get their plans changed from iPhone text plans and they were charged for mms on a per use basis. So if you do it, make sure you have a plan that covers MMS.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I posted instructions with links on here somewhere. At&t does not charge me for mms, I have family unlimited messaging and my account has been provisioned for mms since long before 3.0 was even announced in march. I have read that some, did not get their plans changed from iPhone text plans and they were charged for mms on a per use basis. So if you do it, make sure you have a plan that covers MMS.

I have unlimited iphone text is that good?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No, you would need your messaging changed to unlimited messaging, iPhone messaging does not cover MMS. Unlimited iPhone text and unlimited messaging are the same price, but the iPhone is not supposed to do mms until AT&T says it can.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You see how much confusion there is now without AT&T having thrown the switch and allowing iPhones to send/receive MMS? Imagine what would happen if some people could and some couldn't.

We may not be happy about it, but I actually believe AT&T is doing the right thing (this time!).

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
You see how much confusion there is now without AT&T having thrown the switch and allowing iPhones to send/receive MMS? Imagine what would happen if some people could and some couldn't.

We may not be happy about it, but I actually believe AT&T is doing the right thing (this time!).

I don't thin the point is whether some can/some can't. It's that AT&T had atleast 3 months to prepare and Should have been ready for all to have mms capabilities at launch. I have heard (not necessarily good info/reliable source) that they are shooting for the end of August for MMS to be functional for iPhone 3G and 3G S. That's outrageous.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere they are "hoping" to have it working by Sep. 22!!

On another site there was a guy posting that said he works for AT&T and that they could enable it next week if they wanted, but are waiting to see if they can figure out how to charge us more for MMS.

And that's why people hate AT&T..

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere they are "hoping" to have it working by Sep. 22!!

On another site there was a guy posting that said he works for AT&T and that they could enable it next week if they wanted, but are waiting to see if they can figure out how to charge us more for MMS.

And that's why people hate AT&T..

AT&T has already posted on twitter stating that mms will not cost more for iPhone users than other users. Last I read was last week of August is what they are shooting for.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has already posted on twitter stating that mms will not cost more for iPhone users than other users. Last I read was last week of August is what they are shooting for.

Yea it better not, owning an iphone doesn't mean you're made of money!!

And MMS is included on their text message plans for all their other phones.
Even if people send a bunch of MMS messages everyday, it still uses a lot less bandwidth than using safari or downloading apps!

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
You know that doesn't work 100% of the time with every carrier, right? I haven't got that to work correctly with one person on my entire contact list!

You're right because I remember this didn't work with my friend with Altell. I'm guessing it has to do with their CDMA network ? This worked with my friend who has t-mo and his mms address is similar to that off at&t.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by shutter

at&t has a twitter account ?...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is registered for developer and I am now running GM 3.0 and MMS works PERFECT. Without a hitch. No setup requirements it JUST WORKS. and I NEVER thought I'd want MMS but... now that I have it I really like it!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Well looking at the progress this petition is making, we can now have a wager on whether we will have 50000 signatures first before AT&T will have MMS for iphone :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73