Petition for AT&T to support MMS on iPhones on 6/17

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
And NO the @mms.att.net does not work, HAS not worked since day one for me!
4 of my other friends on AT&T have the exact same issue. DOES NOT WORK!

So either its a conspiracy against us, it does not work for everyone.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Do you think it working for some people is depending on whether or not they have a provision on their account?

I wonder if MMS will automatically work for iPhone users who have a family texting plan on their account, as they can not provision no MMS as other lines on the account DO support MMS.

I have 5 lines on my account, 3 out of the 5 support pic messages and they actively send and receive them.

It's something to think about.

And I don't understand how the @mms.att.net isn't working for some people. I'm telling you it does work, because I use it frequently. I send pic messages to people w/ AT&T (my brother and a few friends), ppl with verizon (@vzwpix.com), and people with centennial (@myblue.com) and all of them get them.

I don't know then, because I've never had an issue and neither have any of my friends that have iPhones.

The petition was about making a point. If you don't want to sign it, just don't sign it. Your comments about how it's pointless aren't really necessary. K, thanks.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Do you think it working for some people is depending on whether or not they have a provision on their account?

I wonder if MMS will automatically work for iPhone users who have a family texting plan on their account, as they can not provision no MMS as other lines on the account DO support MMS.

I have 5 lines on my account, 3 out of the 5 support pic messages and they actively send and receive them.

It's something to think about.

And I don't understand how the @mms.att.net isn't working for some people. I'm telling you it does work, because I use it frequently. I send pic messages to people w/ AT&T (my brother and a few friends), ppl with verizon (@vzwpix.com), and people with centennial (@myblue.com) and all of them get them.

I don't know then, because I've never had an issue and neither have any of my friends that have iPhones.

The petition was about making a point. If you don't want to sign it, just don't sign it. Your comments about how it's pointless aren't really necessary. K, thanks.
Take a look at this NOT WORKING see it. http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-forum/166658-mms-alternative.html

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't think its pointless all..
And i signed it as soon as i read it!! I think rather it get anything done or not is irrelevant. What it does accomplish is to let AT&T at least know we are aware and not just content to sit quietly by, that we are paying attention to what they basically forcing us to deal with as long as we choose to use their companies service (which i still feel it great).

We have a voice, why not use it!

Bravo my good man!!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I don't think its pointless all..
And i signed it as soon as i read it!! I think rather it get anything done or not is irrelevant. What it does accomplish is to let AT&T at least know we are aware and not just content to sit quietly by, that we are paying attention to what they basically forcing us to deal with as long as we choose to use their companies service (which i still feel it great).

We have a voice, why not use it!

Bravo my good man!!

Exactly what I was trying to do! Everyone keeps whining about it, but then doesn't do anything, and when someone DOES do something, they still whine. lol

PS: I'm a girl :)

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Again not questioning your integrity in the slightest..
You can provide all the proof in the world that it works for YOU.. And for that i say good deal!

It however does NOT function for me, which was all i was saying in the first place. Debating this is pointless, as i can say it wont work for me, and how can you possibly argue that fact anymore than i can argue with the fact it works for you..

Again i am glad it works for some, i truly wish i could count myself amoung the lucky ones.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Can I PM you my phone number and you try to send something to me?

wait a second, you have an iPhone don't you?

ok, wait i think we are all getting confused here.

this is what I am talking about doing...

sending a pic from an e-mail on MY iPhone to my brothers phone, which is NOT an iPhone (he can receive pic messages).

Is this the same thing you are trying to do or were you under the impression that sending something to youriphonenumber@mms.att.net would allow the pic to go through to your iPhone?

i have the impression now that's what you are trying to do.

I send pic messages from my iPhone by email to brothersphone@mms.att.net

it doesn't work the other way around.

if you want to receive a pic on your iPHone, they have to send the MMS to your e-mail account linked t your iPhone.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
wait a second, you have an iPhone don't you?

ok, wait i think we are all getting confused here.

this is what I am talking about doing...

sending a pic from an e-mail on MY iPhone to my brothers phone, which is NOT an iPhone (he can receive pic messages).

Is this the same thing you are trying to do or were you under the impression that sending something to youriphonenumber@mms.att.net would allow the pic to go through to your iPhone?

i have the impression now that's what you are trying to do.

I send pic messages from my iPhone by email to brothersphone@mms.att.net

it doesn't work the other way around.

if you want to receive a pic on your iPHone, they have to send the MMS to your e-mail account linked t your iPhone.

I am sending a picture from my email to xxxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net to my iphone and I am not getting the viewmymessage.com link.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I am sending a picture from my email to xxxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net to my iphone and I am not getting the viewmymessage.com link.

Ohhh I see what you're saying. Yeah, I don't receive viewmymessage things either. I thought you meant you couldn't send anything to other people.

Ok sorry for the confusion. yeah I can send MMS to other ppl through e-mail but I don't receive anything unless they send it to my e-mail.

I know that i just have friends that say "did u get the pic I sent you" and i say "nope" lol

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Ohhh I see what you're saying. Yeah, I don't receive viewmymessage things either. I thought you meant you couldn't send anything to other people.

Ok sorry for the confusion. yeah I can send MMS to other ppl through e-mail but I don't receive anything unless they send it to my e-mail.

I know that i just have friends that say "did u get the pic I sent you" and i say "nope" lol

If they have a iPhone you will not get it but if they don't you should get a viewmymessage.com link if you don't try this http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/172016-t-family-unlimited-text-plan.html

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If they have a iPhone you will not get it but if they don't you should get a viewmymessage.com link if you don't try this http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/172016-t-family-unlimited-text-plan.html

Oh well that explains it! Haha I would never add it to all the lines though. We all text and that would be 20 per line to equal 100/month! wow! i'd rather not have MMS viewmymessage things haha I'll stick w/ 30 unlimited family texting :p

Sooo...I'm assuming that if you have a family texting plan that your line is technically provisioned to receive MMS? And since you have an iPhone, you just don't get anything at all since you don't have the provision for the viewmymessage thing?

Well tell me if this sounds right, but doesn't that mean that when 3.0 comes out and it supports MMS, won't your MMS start working right away if you have family text? They'll just start coming through, wouldn't they?

AT&T made it sound like it's the provision for viewmymessage that was delaying them because they have to hand remove that from every account. Well, if you already have a family text plan with MMS provisioned, wouldn't it just start working then?

It's something to think about I suppose.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh well that explains it! Haha I would never add it to all the lines though. We all text and that would be 20 per line to equal 100/month! wow! i'd rather not have MMS viewmymessage things haha I'll stick w/ 30 unlimited family texting :p

Sooo...I'm assuming that if you have a family texting plan that your line is technically provisioned to receive MMS? And since you have an iPhone, you just don't get anything at all since you don't have the provision for the viewmymessage thing?

Well tell me if this sounds right, but doesn't that mean that when 3.0 comes out and it supports MMS, won't your MMS start working right away if you have family text? They'll just start coming through, wouldn't they?

AT&T made it sound like it's the provision for viewmymessage that was delaying them because they have to hand remove that from every account. Well, if you already have a family text plan with MMS provisioned, wouldn't it just start working then?

It's something to think about I suppose.

On 3.0 MMS should work now it does not work because the family plan does not know who is using a iPhone on the plan.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
For some it works with Family messaging, with some it doesn't. My mms functions as it should, on my family texting plan.