Reasons To Wait / Reasons Not To Wait on 3.O

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
These are my personal reason why or why not to get 3.0 on the release date. This is also from my general understanding.

Reasons to wait
- not all apps are 3.0 ready and can take advantage of the new APIs ( CCP etc )
- MMS / theathering not ready
- itunes might be down again
- 3.0 might be buggy

Reasons not to wait
- you get the new features asap

What are your reasons ?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Don't like that message in iTunes that keeps coming up when a new OS update is available. :p

I've kept updated for the most part with OS 3.0. I've downraded a couple of times back to 2.2.1 at times when I needed my iPhone jailbroken or because apps were not OS 3.0 compatible.

My biggest reason for updating is my desire for iPhone stability. Dropped phone calls are bad enough. But unacceptable data rates are something else. Since the days of OS 2.0, Apple seems to be focusing more on stability. A case in point is the safari browser. Very rarely do I have Safari crash with 3.0.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I am going to wait on 3.0 until I can find a custom firmware as not to loose the ability to unlock my 3G (resale value).

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
After all the problems last year, I'm a little wary of rushing to update to 3.0 although this version seems to have been road tested for longer so there should be fewer bugs. Unless I get a lot of app updates over the next few days, there are going to be quite a few of my apps that aren't able to make full use of 3.0 (although I understood that all apps were supposed to be updated in time). If I leave updating for a day or two, the network may not be overloaded so it shouldn't take forever to update (I remember 2.1 taking nearly 5 hours due to issues backing up the phone).
Having said all this, I know what I'm like and I'll probably end up updating on 17th as I'm itching to try out the new features!

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
These are my personal reason why or why not to get 3.0 on the release date. This is also from my general understanding.

Reasons to wait
- not all apps are 3.0 ready and can take advantage of the new APIs ( CCP etc )
- MMS / theathering not ready
- itunes might be down again
- 3.0 might be buggy

Reasons not to wait
- you get the new features asap

What are your reasons ?

Reasons to wait
-avoid the chaos of getting it when it first comes out
-wait for the reviews
-bugs
-what's battery life like?
-like with all tech, wait and a price drop might come

Reasons to get it ASAP
-better performance, better battery life, 32GB
-added features- compass, video recording, etc.
-3rd iPhone rollout- hopefully will have learned lessons from past
-3.0 has been tested, so hopefully fewer bugs
-it will be my first iPhone and I've wanted one since it first came out
-GPS will be extremely useful for me

I'm not crazy over MMS and tethering, so whether it's offered or not on the 19th, I'm OK with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods