AT&T Upgrade Info

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I went to check who is eligable on my contract to get an upgrade and half of the people (4) on my line get either one of these messages.

This is my line.
Picture11-3.jpg

Someone elses line.
Picture10-2.jpg

So this may answer questions, if any.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Depending on what you pay per month in voice minutes, you may be eligible for an early 12 month upgrade. I was until a few months ago when I bought my Storm and cut back on the number of voice minutes. Now, my upgrade date is 18 months.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I think they are going on a customer by customer basis. When I go to buy one now (just did it out of curiosity) on the apple site, this is what I get when it checks my eligibility...

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/12/2010.

* $299.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $399.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $499.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Yep, won't pay it, my iPhone 3G 16GB will do just fine til I'm fully eligible to upgrade. And I don't even know if I will then.

This upgrade is kind of sad, and lame, and I'm irritated MMS is being delayed because AT&T apparently can't get their crap together.

I got the exact same thing. However, I put in my 2nd non-iphone line number and bam, this is what I got:

* $99.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $199.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $299.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Now the question is, if I order that and give my current 8G to my wife (who has the 2nd elgible line),, can I just swap SIM cards and use the new one for myself ? :D:confused:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Best thing guys, go to the APPLE website, not AT&T, because AT&T is gay and always shows wrong statuses anyways,

and go to buy iPhone 3Gs, and go as far as the eligibility check, it'll tell you what prices you'd be paying for it.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Best thing guys, go to the APPLE website, not AT&T, because AT&T is gay and always shows wrong statuses anyways,

and go to buy iPhone 3Gs, and go as far as the eligibility check, it'll tell you what prices you'd be paying for it.

Thats what I did. I dont think ATT even had the 3GS on their website yet. As you stated pretty gay [not that there's anything wrong with it]

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Thats what I did. I dont think ATT even had the 3GS on their website yet. As you stated pretty gay [not that there's anything wrong with it]

AT&T is irritating to say the least. They won't even have MMS ready apparently in time for 3.0.

Uh, ok? What is there to get ready? AT&T seriously needs to get their crap together.

I say everyone should call everyday after 3.0 drops until they add MMS and get their crap together.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Good thing for me is that since I have a FAN account I can upgrade every year. I'll skip the GS and get something else or just keep what I got. Decisions...Decisions.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I'll be getting that 3G soon =)
Picture12-4.jpg

Cause lord knows I would NOT be shelling out 699 for anything, unless it's a 720p HDTV.

lagringa

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Swap SIM from 3G to 3Gs?

I got the exact same thing. However, I put in my 2nd non-iphone line number and bam, this is what I got:

* $99.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $199.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $299.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Now the question is, if I order that and give my current 8G to my wife (who has the 2nd elgible line),, can I just swap SIM cards and use the new one for myself ? :D:confused:

Yeah, same boat here. We have another line that can get the upgrade and if that's the case, I'd love to swap SIMs between that one and my 3G that doesn't qualify for the upgrade for a couple months.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
How long have you had your plan? Go online and check your upgrade options with AT&T. If you have been on that voice plan long enough, you will see an earlier subsidized upgrade price.
I will try again but when I was on earlier, their site had no information on 3GS. I just tried again. No 3GS.

kaffinito

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I added another line last month so I could get the iPhone, so we're still eligible for upgrades in August. So in August hubby will be getting my 3G (8) and I'll get the new 3GS. Should work out well for both of us, since there is no way I'm going to pay that much for two phones!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW