will at&t let current iphone 3g users upgrade?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Check the footnote out on the apple store:

That is the unfortunate reality. This upgrade seems more intended for the folks who did not upgrade last year (i.e., V1 owners). These users bought their iPhones at unsubsidized prices, and their contracts are now coming up for renewal.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Question...Why would you want one? Did something knock your socks off? The best thing about the announcements wasn't even about the 3gs but the $99 price point for the 3g.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Question...Why would you want one? Did something knock your socks off? The best thing about the announcements wasn't even about the 3gs but the $99 price point for the 3g.

I agree that the $99 price point for existing 3Gs is iCandy. Doesn't that price point represent a loss for Apple?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I think they are going on a customer by customer basis. When I go to buy one now (just did it out of curiosity) on the apple site, this is what I get when it checks my eligibility...

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/12/2010.

* $299.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $399.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $499.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Yep, won't pay it, my iPhone 3G 16GB will do just fine til I'm fully eligible to upgrade. And I don't even know if I will then.

This upgrade is kind of sad, and lame, and I'm irritated MMS is being delayed because AT&T apparently can't get their crap together.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I think they are going on a customer by customer basis. When I go to buy one now (just did it out of curiosity) on the apple site, this is what I get when it checks my eligibility...

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/12/2010.

* $299.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $399.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $499.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Yep, won't pay it, my iPhone 3G 16GB will do just fine til I'm fully eligible to upgrade. And I don't even know if I will then.

This upgrade is kind of sad, and lame, and I'm irritated MMS is being delayed because AT&T apparently can't get their crap together.

I got the exact same thing. However, I put in my 2nd non-iphone line number and bam, this is what I got:

* $99.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $199.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $299.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Now the question is, if I order that and give my current 8G to my wife (who has the 2nd elgible line),, can I just swap SIM cards and use the new one for myself ? :D:confused:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I got the exact same thing. However, I put in my 2nd non-iphone line number and bam, this is what I got:

* $99.00* ? 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $199.00* ? 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $299.00* ? 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

Now the question is, if I order that and give my current 8G to my wife (who has the 2nd elgible line),, can I just swap SIM cards and use the new one for myself ? :D:confused:

Yes, you probably can.

I am debating whether I can even justify 299 for that upgrade.

Since I'm eligible in December and the g/f's line (posted above with a current iPHone 3G as well), I'll just wait for the next iPhone. Why not? I'm not going to upgrade in March and then have a new one come out a few mos later.

This upgrade is completely not worth it to me

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you probably can.

I am debating whether I can even justify 299 for that upgrade.

Since I'm eligible in December and the g/f's line (posted above with a current iPHone 3G as well), I'll just wait for the next iPhone. Why not? I'm not going to upgrade in March and then have a new one come out a few mos later.

This upgrade is completely not worth it to me

Wait for Iphone rev4. The 3GS is not worth it. You'll be fine on OS 3.0 and the updates after until rev4 is out.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
600 and 700 for a phone that still won't have mms in 2009.

For that price you can get one of the really high end 12mp Sony phones, or buy a DSLR camera and a Tomtom..:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal