AT&T stikes again...

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Well there alread are jail broken apps the skirt the mms issue... but my opinion is there should be no reason for me to jail break for something a simple as mms...

The amount of workarounds to get the Iphone to get features that should already be there speaks volumes.

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
AT&T took a big pile of **** on us. Not kool at all.

MMS I'll deal with, tethering is something I want NOW or in a month.

Will now pray everyday that some other carrier gets iPhone with tethering and take my business to them.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
mms is part of text plans for everything else, I don't know how they could attempt to charge for it.

I'm trying to find what else 3.0 gives older phones and it looks like a landscape keyboard and a sound recording app is it??? There's about a hundred sound recorder apps in the app store. Gotta get the new phone for any real updates..

See here: Apple - iPhone - New features in the iPhone 3.0 Software Update.

ATT has stated that mms will be free. [citation needed].

ptinlv

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
ATT has single handedly undermined the point of todays Keynote, to steal some Palm Pre thunder. I really hope Apple reacts to this BS.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, attt has got to be the worst carrier on Earth!! I'm just going to stay jailbroken, 3.0 doesn't offer much unless you get the new phone..

I'm not going to defend AT&T for these recent issues, but what carrier is better? Verizon? Their wifi policy is a huge problem since I use wifi all day, every day. Sprint? Don't even need to speak about their issues here... T-Mobile? No 3G, but other wise pretty good.

The moral of the story is that all of the carriers have major issues. This is very unfortunate for us, the consumer.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I think we (AT&T customers) are going to be in for a rude awakening. If we were to summarize the myriad of rumors across the internet, a common theme is AT&T is reaching iPhone market saturation. Those customers on AT&T who want iPhones pretty much have them. AT&T's opportunity for growth is enticing V1 owners to upgrade, and pull customers over from Sprint and Verizon with the $99 iPhone 3G.

What is missing from the equation is whether AT&T's network can handle the load? The 3G is rated at 3.6 mbps, and the 3Gs is rated at 7.2 mbps. How often (and where) have we seen such speeds on our iPhones? On average, my 3G in the Md suburbs of DC sees in the neighborhood of 300-500 kbps if the sun is shining. The average bit rate is not even high enough to stream Sirius at low bit rate without annoying bufferig.

When the 3G was issued, AT&T's network was not prepared. The new 3G's tended to draw too much power from the towers. That was resolved with a software update. I still question the validity of that update. Go into field test mode and compare the decibel reading with the number of bars being indicated. 5 bars of 3G, -110 db signal strength. No or slow data connection. This is the norm in the nation's capital.

Add more users...

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I generally enjoy my AT&T service, but I cant wait until the iPhone is available on other US carriers. The carrier competition would be very good for all of us.

I always want to keep my iPhone, but AT&T will need to step up in the future. They can't keep having these little issues every time there is a new release.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
So the latest from AT&T is that we will get MMS by the end of July. Reason is to they can complete the system upgrades to handle MMS... Um correct me if I am wrong, but MMS is MMS no matter what phone you use so "something is rotten in the state of Denmark"...

Tethering we are waiting for a press release... ok so in other words we haven't figured how much we want to rape our customers yet, but we will get back to you on that...

junovela

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
It seems some people think that complaining about the price of the unsubsidized, not-under-contract-upgrade iPhone 3G is wrong. However, let's be realistic: last year, I upgraded to an iPhone 3G and had to pay $499 because I was not due for an upgrade. I gladly paid that because the iPhone was light years ahead of my other phone. However, why would I pay $599 less than one year later for an upgrade that is not "the next step"? As many people have stated, the upgrades in the 3G, while impressive, are not an amazing must-have for many current 3G owners. A lot of what I personally have been waiting for is coming in the free OS 3.0. All that being what it is, it would make sense for AT&T to help lower or subsidize the price for exisiting iPhone 3G users to upgrade. You'd already be locking in more years on your contract, and with the potential for the iPhone to spread to other carriers, that's a smart move right there. And without the help from AT&T, Apple will not get my money for the 3G, and I think a lot of people feel like me. It's one thing to pay money for a quality piece of electronics and I did that. LAST YEAR. I'm not going to do it again when the upgrade isn't that great, and certainly not for $200 more than I paid a year ago. I know people will disagree with me, and that's cool... but it just doesn't seem like AT&T really cares about keeping its customers happy.

idgt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
As for the iPhone - I believe that the changes they made are a move in the right direction. Who is to say that this is not just a calm before the storm - being that Apple may already be working on next years release KNOWING that most of us can not upgrade. Hmmmm - makes you think. All those rumors about quad-core chips and other chip sets makes me think that there is more for us who have to wait another year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR