Ask a AT&T Rep!

derm

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello, new poster here with a couple questions:

1) I see it mentioned in this thread and elsewhere that various actions (like canceling before 30 days) will trigger AT&T to charge you for the "retail price" of the iPhone. What is this retail price? How and when do they do this? A charge just shows up on the card you used to buy it?

2) What happens if you never activate the phone at all?

3) The Quick Start guide that came with the iPhone refers to "iPhone Returns," "canceling service" and "iPhone exchanges" all within 30 days of *SHIPMENT* not activation.

The AT&T return policy I can find online says "You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the early termination fee of $175"

Is it activation date or shipment date?

4) When does billing start? Its been well over week since my phone shipped and I haven't activated it. Am I already paying for service?

Thanks. I may think of more questions but that's all for now.

bgrish

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Why am I dropping so many calls lately? Apple just gave my a new phone, I have a 3GS 32G with 0 extra apps etc... and Im still dropping calls...

earley

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey, is there any word around the campfire as to when AT&T is going to take over the Alltel infrastructure, or at least begin to add GSM service in the different rural areas they bought from verizon. I live in southwest Colorado and I'm growing weary of having to use Verizon by default, because they're pretty much the only game in town. It would be great to have an option, and an iphone too!

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey, is there any word around the campfire as to when AT&T is going to take over the Alltel infrastructure, or at least begin to add GSM service in the different rural areas they bought from verizon. I live in southwest Colorado and I'm growing weary of having to use Verizon by default, because they're pretty much the only game in town. It would be great to have an option, and an iphone too!

you're best off calling AT&T and asking. it's going to be specific to your exact location

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Well, guys, I'm coming with some bittersweet news. As of a couple weeks ago I've taken a job at Sprint (ironically located across the street from AT&T). As such, I will no longer have access to current AT&T information and so I will no longer be answering questions for you guys as I don't want to give you guys false or out-of-date information. I have to say that it's been a pleasure answering questions for all of you and I hope I've helped a few of you out. You can now find me at AndroidCentral, Precentral, and Crackberry assisting Sprint customers. I'm going to greatly miss my iPhone and especially the TiPB forum community but I'll probably still lurk around here for a little bit because I will still have my iPhone even though it no longer has service.

I wish you all good luck and PHONE DIFFERENT!!!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Well, guys, I'm coming with some bittersweet news. As of a couple weeks ago I've taken a job at Sprint (ironically located across the street from AT&T). As such, I will no longer have access to current AT&T information and so I will no longer be answering questions for you guys as I don't want to give you guys false or out-of-date information. I have to say that it's been a pleasure answering questions for all of you and I hope I've helped a few of you out. You can now find me at AndroidCentral, Precentral, and Crackberry assisting Sprint customers. I'm going to greatly miss my iPhone and especially the TiPB forum community but I'll probably still lurk around here for a little bit because I will still have my iPhone even though it no longer has service.[/QUOTE}

I wish you all good luck and PHONE DIFFERENT!!![/QUOTEPerhaps this is not the forum, but you have a lot.to contribute in a new role.

Last edited:

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I work as a AT&T representative in the Northern California area. I recently became part of the AT&T team and have a vast amount of experience in dealing with iPhones and Windows Mobile / phones in general. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask me. I can assist you as much as I can.

Thanks,

AllTheWay

Lvfire

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I order an Iphone 3gs 16GB refurb on Jan 19th..It's Jan 21st and I call Att about my order...they adviced me that my order is on back order..any idea when they will start shipping?, average back order wait time?..how long it will before I get it?...I'm itching to get my new phone..

sputnik#IM

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Can I get this?

Visual Voicemail question:

I have a 3G iPhone, and am using AT&T with FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED and FAMILY DATA UNLIMITD. Is there any way to get visual voicemail with this plan?

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I order an Iphone 3gs 16GB refurb on Jan 19th..It's Jan 21st and I call Att about my order...they adviced me that my order is on back order..any idea when they will start shipping?, average back order wait time?..how long it will before I get it?...I'm itching to get my new phone..

It really just varies on how long it will take to ship given that each phone comes from different manufactures. It shouldn't take more than a week on average to get some new phones in stock though. No sure about refurbished ones however.

AllTheWay

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Visual Voicemail question:

I have a 3G iPhone, and am using AT&T with FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED and FAMILY DATA UNLIMITD. Is there any way to get visual voicemail with this plan?

The quick fix for this is just to download YouMail. It's a free visual voicemail application that allows you to leave individualized voicemails for specific callers. It works great and there are many other features available for it as well. Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

sputnik#IM

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
The quick fix for this is just to download YouMail. It's a free visual voicemail application that allows you to leave individualized voicemails for specific callers. It works great and there are many other features available for it as well. Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

Thanks, I'll take a look at that!
But no AT&T (semi)sanctioned way, huh?

mongofrye

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Iphone Upgrade / Cancellation

I have been an ATT customer for a while. From what i understand, if a new customer signs up and gets an iphone and then cancels their account after 30 days, they do not have to return the iphone or pay equipment fee. They will only be responsible for the $175 ETF.

What if i am an existing customer and use my upgrade for an iphone? Can i cancel in the first 30 days and keep the iphone and only pay the ETF? Do i have to wait the 30 days as well? What would happen if i canceled in first 30 days after upgrade? After 30 days? How will this work if i upgrade in middle of billing cycle?

Thanks,

Lvfire

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been an ATT customer for a while. From what i understand, if a new customer signs up and gets an iphone and then cancels their account after 30 days, they do not have to return the iphone or pay equipment fee. They will only be responsible for the $175 ETF.

What if i am an existing customer and use my upgrade for an iphone? Can i cancel in the first 30 days and keep the iphone and only pay the ETF? Do i have to wait the 30 days as well? What would happen if i canceled in first 30 days after upgrade? After 30 days? How will this work if i upgrade in middle of billing cycle?

Thanks,

actually that is incorrect...I am a new customer and I was adviced that I can cancelled within 30 days without paying an ETF..But if I do cancel within the first 30 days I will have to return the iPhone and pay a 10% re-stocking fee..now the only way to get around the 10% re-stocking fee is if you return the phone within the first 7 days..that was explained to me in the shipping papers that I received with my phone..

Tinlau

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks blakejackson, awesome of you to offer up your help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods