Because I don't know the answer. That's why I bothered to ask.
    I think you do know the answer but are hoping that you do not. This is AT&T you are dealing with. How do you think that they earned the name, "steaming pile of failure?" Even the CEO does not have the discretion to waive those two weeks.
    09-02-2009 10:51 AM
    I think you do know the answer but are hoping that you do not. This is AT&T you are dealing with. How do you think that they earned the name, "steaming pile of failure?" Even the CEO does not have the discretion to waive those two weeks.
    Thank you for the answer. I was hoping they could waive the 2 weeks, but it would seem that by your experience they cannot. I have never asked them to in the past or even really cared about my upgrade time, but now that I want an iPhone I wish it were the 14th.

Thanks again.
    09-02-2009 10:55 AM
    Thank you for the answer. I was hoping they could waive the 2 weeks, but it would seem that by your experience they cannot. I have never asked them to in the past or even really cared about my upgrade time, but now that I want an iPhone I wish it were the 14th.

Thanks again.
    Why do I feel like this is my fault? If you are as naive as you appear, ask. The cosmos may take mercy on you. Miracles happen. Babies are born every day. What can be less likely than that?

Still, I suspect that you are in for a shock as you learn to deal with AT&T.
    Last edited by whmurray; 09-02-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    09-02-2009 11:09 AM
    And this is where you're incorrect. As a manager, I approve early upgrades, even as early as 3 months. The only phone that I don't and can't is the iPhone. It's really because of Apple. I do that, and poof, my job goes. So it's not AT&T failing, it's Apple making it look like AT&T is failing.

@cjharley I bet if you had tried another phone, it would have been granted.
    09-02-2009 11:30 AM
    @ Blakejackson - Thanks! I have seen a few links about the Microcell. I am very interested in it due to little to no signal at home. I know that testing of the Microcell has been completed by testers and is due out "before the end of the year". I was just wondering if anyone had any other info as to a firmer date. A local AT&T rep informed me he was going to training on it the 15th of this month. Guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for your reply though!!
    09-02-2009 09:23 PM
    Hi Postal. Thanks for lending your services!

If I am 14 days away from my upgrade would AT&T really make me wait until 9/14/09 or would they be able to upgrade me this weekend?
    Most retail stores are allowed to do exception upgrades for iphone users only within 30 days of the upgrade date. So the answer is YES!
    09-03-2009 10:47 PM
    i don't know if this question has been asked but I remember ATT was saying that they were going to lower the price of the iPhone Data plan. They didn't say by how much though. Do you know if they are still planning to do so. I think it should go back down to the $20 like the original iPhone.
    AT&T never said they would lower the data plan rates? Why would they? THe iPhone uses more data than any other phone and they sell hundreds of thousands of them already. Why would they undercut themselves
    09-03-2009 10:49 PM
    Most retail stores are allowed to do exception upgrades for iphone users only within 30 days of the upgrade date. So the answer is YES!
    Thank you Postal. Yes, AT&T was able to upgrade me to my new iPhone last night. So exicted!
    09-05-2009 12:10 PM
    Thank you Postal. Yes, AT&T was able to upgrade me to my new iPhone last night. So exicted!
    Glad it worked out. Welcome to the club. The reps in the stores rock.
    09-05-2009 05:31 PM
    I have a question and I haven't noticed it asked --

I want to switch two of my accounts to the iphone, but they both have an ETF with VZW.

Is that something that at&t is willing to work with, or do I just wait?

Thanks.

Craig
    09-05-2009 06:27 PM
    Glad it worked out. Welcome to the club. The reps in the stores rock.
    Thanks! Sorry for the rocky start, man. No hard feelings here.
    09-05-2009 10:34 PM
    Hi Folks,
    Just a quick question, Any word on the release of the AT&T 3G MicroCell? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answering our questions!!!
    I too need a network extender. Hopefully it will be about the time mms shows up or not to far from that. Sorry newbie here and cant post the url my bad..
    Last edited by dcarp505; 09-09-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    09-09-2009 01:04 PM
    I have a question and I haven't noticed it asked --

I want to switch two of my accounts to the iphone, but they both have an ETF with VZW.

Is that something that at&t is willing to work with, or do I just wait?

Thanks.

Craig
    Honestly, no. If AT&T shelled out $200 to pay off the ETF for switchers, they'd go bankrupt or raise rates. It's up to you if you can afford both the ETF and the price of the new phone (BTW iPhone pricing is non negotiable at any level or outlet). To me, it's worth it at any price.
    09-09-2009 01:36 PM
    Honestly, no. If AT&T shelled out $200 to pay off the ETF for switchers, they'd go bankrupt or raise rates. It's up to you if you can afford both the ETF and the price of the new phone (BTW iPhone pricing is non negotiable at any level or outlet). To me, it's worth it at any price.
    Thanks for the response. Sorry to hear this. I actually stopped by an att store today (was too crowded to speak with anyone, though) to ask this question. I was also going to call them and ask.

I figure, it never hurts to ask, right?

Craig.
    09-10-2009 12:53 PM
    How long do I have to wait to sign back up with AT&T after cancelling a line? I had ported out to Verizon for the Blackberry Tour but not very happy with it and would love to go back to the iPhone.

Forgot to mention, I had paid the ETF and sold the phone so I would need to get another one.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xmnj; 09-10-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    09-10-2009 01:15 PM
    3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???
    09-15-2009 07:10 AM
    3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???
    Unfortunately the only way to know the exact date is to be either an RF Engineer or a corporate higher-up. I feel your pain sir and I'm sure they're working as hard as they can on it.
    09-28-2009 10:38 PM
    How long do I have to wait to sign back up with AT&T after cancelling a line? I had ported out to Verizon for the Blackberry Tour but not very happy with it and would love to go back to the iPhone.

Forgot to mention, I had paid the ETF and sold the phone so I would need to get another one.

Thanks!
    It take 6 months after you quit to be considered eligible for new customer pricing again. If you do it even one day before, you will activate your old account and contract. I would honestly buy a used iPhone 3G for around $250-$300 and avoid the contract. I've been contract free on my personal lines for close to three years.
    09-28-2009 10:41 PM
    It take 6 months after you quit to be considered eligible for new customer pricing again. If you do it even one day before, you will activate your old account and contract. I would honestly buy a used iPhone 3G for around $250-$300 and avoid the contract. I've been contract free on my personal lines for close to three years.
    Does contract free make that much difference when you remain with the carrier for 3 years? I used unlocked Nokias for years and the iPhone was my first contract mobile and I can say it was worth the contract because 299+200 termination fee is still cheaper than retail price I was given to purchase the iPhone out right.
    09-29-2009 07:28 AM
    hey, quick question. my last bill was about 138 and my current bill is 151. i looked through and did not get charged anything extra, i have the family plan with 700 mins. 1 iphone and an lg vu. unlimited messagin(30) and the iphone data(30). all the features and access fees come up to about 130 before tax, im jus curious as to why my bill is inconsistent?
    09-29-2009 10:07 AM
    Sometimes I wish i never left.
    10-02-2009 05:09 PM
    I too need a network extender. Hopefully it will be about the time mms shows up or not to far from that. Sorry newbie here and cant post the url my bad..
    The MicroCell is starting to roll out. I live about 2 hours east of Charlotte NC (Chapel Hill) and Charlotte was one of the first cities to get the the MicroCell. I drove the 2 hours and picked one up. Luckily my area is able to get MicroCell service put they have not shown up in stores here yet. It works like a charm!! Check with your local AT&T stores and some surrounding areas to see if it is available.
    Last edited by Vic_C; 10-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    10-02-2009 08:47 PM
    The MicroCell is starting to roll out. I live about 2 hours east of Charlotte NC (Chapel Hill) and Charlotte was one of the first cities to get the the MicroCell. I drove the 2 hours and picked one up. Luckily my area is able to get MicroCell service put they have not shown up in stores here yet. It works like a charm!! Check with your local AT&T stores and some surrounding areas to see if it is available.
    That is somewhat unfair. The truth is that microcell is starting to roll out in Charlotte. It is not starting to "roll out" in general.
    10-03-2009 12:23 PM
    to see if its available in ur area go here

AT&T 3G MicroCell

its only avil in select markets...
    10-03-2009 12:30 PM
    That is somewhat unfair. The truth is that microcell is starting to roll out in Charlotte. It is not starting to "roll out" in general.
    Charlotte is only one of the MANY major cities that is getting the MicroCell. Sorry it's not in your area yet. Give it some time and it will be. Have you contacted your local AT&T store to see when it will be available to you?
    EDIT: I just checked the AT&T link and Raleigh/Durham and their surrounding areas have it now also. Just a matter of time....
    Last edited by Vic_C; 10-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    10-03-2009 12:33 PM
318 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD