how do you do this (Unfortunately there's no insurance available unless you insured through your homeowners insurance (PLEASE DO THIS!!!!). you just tell them you want to insure a iphone ?
    What I did was contact the agent in charge of my renter's insurance and ask if I could have my iPhone covered outside of the home. THey put what's called a rider onto my current coverage to cover damage theft and loss outside or inside the home. Some insurance companies may not let you do this. Some might. It's really just luck of the draw.

If this option isn't available, the next best option is to go to SquareTrade.com and sign up for one of their warranty plans. THeir warranties will cover everything except loss or theft. It's not total coverage, but if you sign up for mobile me, you can track the iphone and maybe hunt it down.
    07-27-2009 01:47 PM
    I agree the AT&T network in Chicago is terrible. I either get the o a lot or get call failed. Even if the call does go through it might take a minute. Very frustrating. I came from sprint and never had one problem. Downtown is the worst!
    07-27-2009 02:39 PM
    I agree the AT&T network in Chicago is terrible. I either get the o a lot or get call failed. Even if the call does go through it might take a minute. Very frustrating. I came from sprint and never had one problem. Downtown is the worst!
    The 2 times I've been to Chicago in the last couple years the service has been fine. I have issues when visiting NYC.
    07-27-2009 03:18 PM
    Is there ANY chance that ATT will officially unlock the iPhone after the 2 year contract period is over (and they have recouped their subsidy)?

Any chance that they'll change the policy in the next 2 years?

I don't get it. They do this with all other phones. Why not the iPhone?
    07-27-2009 09:02 PM
    I have terrible signal strength at home (it even drops the signal altogether and goes to "SOS calls only" mode on my Treo 650).

Hopefully, newer technology in the iPhone will make it more usable. If not, what are my options for receiving calls to my number at home (i have Wifi at home)? I won't make outgoing calls on my iPhone, but I would like to recieve calls on it.

Any way to receive calls on Wifi? Can ATT forward my calls to my landline (which is also by ATT by the way) when I am at home?
    07-27-2009 09:06 PM
    Is there ANY chance that ATT will officially unlock the iPhone after the 2 year contract period is over (and they have recouped their subsidy)?

Any chance that they'll change the policy in the next 2 years?

I don't get it. They do this with all other phones. Why not the iPhone?
    More than likely not. Unless the government steps in or their agreement with Apple is over. They don't want to see flocks of 2G owners felleing to t-mo or cin-bell.
    07-27-2009 09:14 PM
    Sorry, I don't understand.. You think ATT will not unlock the iPhones (that have fulfilled their commitment period) 2 years from now?
    07-27-2009 09:16 PM
    Sorry, I don't understand.. You think ATT will not unlock the iPhones (that have fulfilled their commitment period) 2 years from now?
    Sorry if I was unclear. I do not think AT&T will give unlock codes for iPhoes after 2 years at least until the exclusivity runs out.
    07-30-2009 06:40 PM
    This isn't something that they have not discussed or informed us lowly sales reps of, but I agree that they probably won't.
    07-31-2009 01:44 AM
    That's odd. I have the best reception anywhere I've been in the Chicago area. No complaints what so ever.
    07-31-2009 10:43 AM
    There are times when I go places and do things that I do not want to take my iPhone. What happens if I take my sim card and put it in my old blackberry? Would I still be able to see e-mails and also use the internet? If so will there be any other charges?

Thank you.
    08-03-2009 07:53 PM
    Hi,

I have an iPhone I bought with Mexico's Telcel but I will be moving to Boston shortly. I planned on getting an AT&T line but I was wondering if I will be able to use mi iPhone without jailbreaking/unlocking it... Is it possible?

If not, what can I do in order to use mi iPhone with a wireless line in the US?

Thanks!
    08-05-2009 11:57 AM
    There are times when I go places and do things that I do not want to take my iPhone. What happens if I take my sim card and put it in my old blackberry? Would I still be able to see e-mails and also use the internet? If so will there be any other charges?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, when you have iPhone data plan on your line, the blackberry will not play nice. You will not be able to get your email because access to BIS and BES is built into the blackberry data plan ONLY. You may be able to access the internet, however it will only be through the MediaNet WAP browser if at all.
    08-06-2009 05:54 PM
    Hi,

I have an iPhone I bought with Mexico's Telcel but I will be moving to Boston shortly. I planned on getting an AT&T line but I was wondering if I will be able to use mi iPhone without jailbreaking/unlocking it... Is it possible?

If not, what can I do in order to use mi iPhone with a wireless line in the US?

Thanks!
    More than likely you will have to jailbreak and unlock the iphone before the iphone will work with an iPhone SIM which means you will have to unlock everytime there is an iPhone update. However, there is an advantage to having your own iPhone. You won't have to sign an AT&T contract since you have your own equipment and you won't have to drop money on a new iphone. There are guides available in the Help & How-To section of TiPB than can guide you through the unlocking process. Another option would be to sell your Telcel iphone on ebay or to a friend and use that money to purchase an American iPhone on ebay
    08-06-2009 05:58 PM
    I'm wondering whats the difference between these two things on my plan. I have unlimited data and text.

Text/IM Messaging
    UNLIMITED
    Used 436 of Unlimited

and

Messaging
    UNLIMITED
    Used 347 of Unlimited

Which is which?
    08-11-2009 09:59 AM
    are there any voice plans smaller than 450? i've been a customer for eons if that makes any difference..
    08-13-2009 01:08 AM
    Do you have any idea of when att&t will get the mms feature active for iPhone 3Gs?
    08-29-2009 12:52 AM
    i don't know if this question has been asked but I remember ATT was saying that they were going to lower the price of the iPhone Data plan. They didn't say by how much though. Do you know if they are still planning to do so. I think it should go back down to the $20 like the original iPhone.
    08-29-2009 02:02 PM
    Hi Folks,
    Just a quick question, Any word on the release of the AT&T 3G MicroCell? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to answering our questions!!!
    08-31-2009 04:25 PM
    Microcell is coming, but I have no idea when. Next year sometime would be my guess. As far as mms, we will know about the same time that you will. PostalUT, thanks for coming in and helping me with the questions. I don't have nearly the time that I used to have to drop in and help.
    09-01-2009 01:29 PM
    Also, I doubt that they will lower the price of the data plan. It wouldn't make sense for at&t to do so, especially since they are having no trouble selling iphones at the current data price point. Also, there is a senior plan, but you have to be a senior citizen. It is $29.99/month, gives you 250 minutes with no rollover or m2m minutes. Not worth the savings.
    09-01-2009 01:31 PM
    hi, i had an iphone 3g and the $30 data plan. i gave my iphone to a friend and i bought an iphone 3gs from the att website. when i was buying it, it automatically checked the $30 data plan because its obviously required. now my question is, will i be charged $60 per month because 30 from my old iphone and 30 for my new iphone or will it just be $30.
    thanks
    09-01-2009 03:14 PM
    Hi Postal. Thanks for lending your services!

If I am 14 days away from my upgrade would AT&T really make me wait until 9/14/09 or would they be able to upgrade me this weekend?
    09-01-2009 07:42 PM
    Hi Postal. Thanks for lending your services!

If I am 14 days away from my upgrade would AT&T really make me wait until 9/14/09 or would they be able to upgrade me this weekend?
    Why do you even bother to ask?
    09-02-2009 10:39 AM
    Why do you even bother to ask?
    Because I don't know the answer. That's why I bothered to ask.
    09-02-2009 10:46 AM
318 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD