As in I will get a check in the mail? And approximately how long should I expect to wait for it?
    Yes, a check in the mail.

Not sure, they will tell you that when they create a ticket/case for you. Some have actually told me that it was automatic.
    06-07-2009 05:44 PM
    Does anyone know if there will be a price jump when 3.0 comes out?

Will MMS cost extra with a family plan? Sorry if this has been asked already.
    06-07-2009 05:47 PM
    Hey so I won a First Gen Iphone in September 2007 and i activated it in October. I was wondering when i am eligible for an upgrade? I go to check on me and my brother's account online and when i click check upgrade options it says, "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. For assistance with your upgrade please call 1-866-499-8008 and reference Error P1231." I have tried calling but have never been able to get through to anyone..I would really like to know when i am eligible for an upgrade since they might be releasing a new iPhone. THANKS!
    06-07-2009 06:28 PM
    Yes, a check in the mail.

Not sure, they will tell you that when they create a ticket/case for you. Some have actually told me that it was automatic.
    All I needed to know. Rep points issued. Thank you!
    06-08-2009 01:50 AM

Yes I am wondering this as well. Obviously a little disappointing at WWDC to hear delay on MMS and turn by turn Nav by TOM TOM. Does this mean increases in our fees? I am paying 40 bucks more a month here then with Sprint because I love the iPhone so. I was excited about the 10 decrease rumor, but now it appears Apple/ATT will be charging for every new invention the iPhone gains, even those that have been around for a good part of a decade!
    06-08-2009 04:05 PM
    ^Me too... will MMS be an extra feature or will AT&T use this as an excuse to raise the text plan prices or to keep prices the same?

Once you're in a contract, can you change it?
    For example, I'm a pretty light texter, so I'd like to try out the $5 plan. But if it doesn't work out, can I upgrade to the $10 plan? Or am I stuck in the $5 plan?
    06-09-2009 11:04 AM
    I bought an iPhone 2G back in March '08. I've checked on Apple's website and I qualify for the subsidized pricing for a new iPhone 3G S.

My question is, when I upgrade to the new iPhone, can I get a new SIM card with my same phone number on it and cancel service to my current SIM card? I want to continue to use my current iPhone as an iPod Touch, and I understand that in order to be able to restore it or update it (?) it needs to have the SIM card it was registered with. Does anyone know about this? Thanks!
    06-09-2009 12:55 PM
    I bought an iPhone 2G back in March '08. I've checked on Apple's website and I qualify for the subsidized pricing for a new iPhone 3G S.

My question is, when I upgrade to the new iPhone, can I get a new SIM card with my same phone number on it and cancel service to my current SIM card? I want to continue to use my current iPhone as an iPod Touch, and I understand that in order to be able to restore it or update it (?) it needs to have the SIM card it was registered with. Does anyone know about this? Thanks!
    The new iPhone will have a new SIM card. However, if you are keeping your current number, that number will be carried over the the new device. At that point, the SIM in your old iPhone will be deactivated.

When I first bought the V1, Apple appeared to lock out iPhones which did not have SIMs activated on the network. What I found out when I upgraded to the 3G in July 2008 was that Apple was no longer bricking old iPhones. When you restore, you will still get the pop up on the home screen waiting for activation. Just tap it to dismiss, and you are on your way. No need to worry about unlocking the device while still active.
    06-09-2009 01:09 PM
    So if the old iPhone 3G is going on sale for $99 how much are they going for if I don't sign a 2 year contract? I have an original 2G iPhone and want to upgrade without spending alot of $ but am figuring that next year is when they are going to have a major upgrade to the iPhone line so I would like to not sign another contract.
    06-09-2009 05:04 PM

Nothing yet, I would hope not. I could only guess no at the moment.
    06-10-2009 02:11 AM
    Yes I am wondering this as well. Obviously a little disappointing at WWDC to hear delay on MMS and turn by turn Nav by TOM TOM. Does this mean increases in our fees? I am paying 40 bucks more a month here then with Sprint because I love the iPhone so. I was excited about the 10 decrease rumor, but now it appears Apple/ATT will be charging for every new invention the iPhone gains, even those that have been around for a good part of a decade!
    Answered the MMS part, but the tomtom part, will definitely cost. It's not AT&T or Apple, it will be tomtom charging.
    06-10-2009 02:12 AM
    Hello,
    I will be using my hubby's eligible line to upgrade my iPhone 3G to the new 3GS. As I understand it, we can just swap sims through the help of an ATT rep to make sure everything is transferred correctly. But my question is regarding the contract tenures on each line. I have 1 year left on my 3G and of course the new 3GS will have a new 2 year contract. But who gets the new 2 year contract since we will swap phones? IOW, does the contract stay with the phone/device or does it follow the line/number?
    I have heard that swaping phones/sims triggers that both lines would then have a new 2 year contract. I hope this isn't true because that would be grossly unfair.
    06-11-2009 11:35 AM
    My wife will be getting the 3Gs in July when she becomes elgible for an update. I have a 3G. Does each iPhone have to have its own data plan? Next question: are there deals for family texting or does each phone have to have its own?

Thanks
    Ron
    06-11-2009 09:02 PM
    Each iPhone get's it's own data plan, Family texting unlimited plans from AT&T are 30 dollars and will work just fine with iPhones.
    06-11-2009 09:07 PM
    Seeing as how I'm already an AT&T customer, will I have to pay the $18 activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee? I always thought the activation fee was to activate new accounts, no?
    06-11-2009 09:33 PM
    Hello,
    I will be using my hubby's eligible line to upgrade my iPhone 3G to the new 3GS. As I understand it, we can just swap sims through the help of an ATT rep to make sure everything is transferred correctly. But my question is regarding the contract tenures on each line. I have 1 year left on my 3G and of course the new 3GS will have a new 2 year contract. But who gets the new 2 year contract since we will swap phones? IOW, does the contract stay with the phone/device or does it follow the line/number?
    I have heard that swaping phones/sims triggers that both lines would then have a new 2 year contract. I hope this isn't true because that would be grossly unfair.
    You should be able to pop in your sim into the iPhone that comes and not have a contact renewal.
    06-12-2009 02:36 AM
    My wife will be getting the 3Gs in July when she becomes elgible for an update. I have a 3G. Does each iPhone have to have its own data plan? Next question: are there deals for family texting or does each phone have to have its own?

Thanks
    Ron
    Each phone has to have their own $30 data plan. No shared options for smartphones.

Messaging, you're able to get that for both (or more than) lines. It's will be $30 for up to 5 lines.
    06-12-2009 02:37 AM
    Seeing as how I'm already an AT&T customer, will I have to pay the $18 activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee? I always thought the activation fee was to activate new accounts, no?
    Exactly... activation fees are charged at activation. Upgrade fees at upgrades. Same cost, different name.
    06-12-2009 02:38 AM
    I have two lines on my AT&T account. I am upgrading my iPhone 2G for the 3Gs. I plan switch the 2G on the other line on the account. When the next generation iPhone come out will I be eligible for the subsidized price?

Thanks,
    06-12-2009 10:42 AM
    I've got a bit of a dilemma. I purchased an 8gig 3G on 05/31 as well as a standard Sony phone for my wife after being well out of contract on our original AT&T phones. Seeing as I'm still in my 30 day return window on both of the phones, what is my best method of switching to a 16gig 3GS and getting it on 06/19?
    06-13-2009 08:33 PM
    Is it true that to get MMS you just have to call AT&T and they can enable it for you if you've got 3.0 running?
    06-15-2009 05:35 PM
    No. If that were true, nobody would be fussing about having to wait until the fall.
    06-15-2009 05:43 PM
    So no one knows how much the 3G is going for off contract?

So if the old iPhone 3G is going on sale for $99 how much are they going for if I don't sign a 2 year contract? I have an original 2G iPhone and want to upgrade without spending alot of $ but am figuring that next year is when they are going to have a major upgrade to the iPhone line so I would like to not sign another contract.
    06-16-2009 02:00 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been asked already but if i add a line to my account to get the 199 price, can I immediately then cancel it and pay the 175. How does that work. Is there a waiting period before I can cancel it or does it benefit me more to just pay the early upgrade fee 399 + 33 dollars in tax?
    06-16-2009 10:18 PM
    You must wait, if you cancel before 30 days AT&T requires the equipment be returned, after 30 days you keep the equipment and pay the ETF.

If you add a line...you save some tax but pay an extra 40 bucks for the phone over a 2 year contract. 10 (for the extra line) X24 = 240
    399-199=200
    06-16-2009 10:23 PM
318 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD