Verizon?????

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since we're on the subject. I remember early this year reading news that Verizon would be connecting phones from other companies as a way to attract new customers.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Since we're on the subject. I remember early this year reading news that Verizon would be connecting phones from other companies as a way to attract new customers.

Maybe from Sprint which is CDMA, not from AT&T or T-Mobile since they are GSM carriers. GSM and CDMA are two completely different technologies.

Last edited:

marchetti54

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I understand that the two systems are totally different. Why do i see these people with supposed unlocked iphones with verizon. or are these just fakes?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I understand that the two systems are totally different. Why do i see these people with supposed unlocked iphones with verizon. or are these just fakes?

I've heard of this and have seen videos on youtube which all have turned out to be fake. It may be possible, but I have never had interest to look into it. It would not be as simple as calling Verizon and telling them you want to use a iPhone. That's not possible.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Some of Verizon's newest phones have a sim card. Do you guys think it would work if I took one of those sim cards and put it in an iPhone?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Those phones are for people who travel, the rest of the world uses GSM like AT&T and Tmobile. This way people can put in a SIM card from over seas and not have to switch phones to use the GSM networks around the world.

It is NOT possible for the iPhone to work on Verizon's network, it just isn't and never will (until there is a CDMA version or in the future when Verizon and AT&T both have their 4G LTE networks up and running). The iPhone does not contain a CDMA radio, Verizon's network does not work with GSM phones. Verizon phones that have SIM slots work on CDMA in the USA and GSM every where else.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Any reason why the GSM only works out of the country and not in the US?

Actually, the new BB Storm @ VZW is a world phone and you can unlock it to work on ATT or T-Mobile network here in the US. However, it will not work on 3g, just EDGE. The Sprint BB 8830 WE would not do the same - it only worked on the Europe GSM networks (and some in Asia, I guess).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro