AVOID the AT&T Corp Store in Orland Park IL

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just wanted to share my latest visit to a local AT&T store... AVOID the ORLAND PARK IL store at all costs ladies and gentleman. And if any of you think I am off base please let me know. Hopefully more of you will be on my side rather than against me on this one.

Here is my email to corporate - says it all.

Hello, I would just like to let you know about a incident I had in one of your corporate stores [Orland Park, IL (708) 460-6633] on November 11th, 2008. I purchased the HTC Fuze from the store and once I got to my car to open the box I noticed it was already open. The box contained no booklets, the phones battery cover was off the phone in the bottom of the box with scuff marks all over it, it had two separate batteries - one being a motorola battery, and the phone itself looked like it was a poorly taken care of phone. After seeing this I went right back into the store where I was greeted by the manager. I politely asked for a unopened box since I was paying $500.00 for a "new" phone. He then went on to tell me that the phone I did receive was new and that they just got that in. Not only is that insulting to me, especially when I am paying good money for a new device but for the manager to try to pass that phone off as a new device is just flat out pitiful. I really could not believe what I was hearing so I then asked him to give me a new phone or I would like a full refund. He blankly stared at me with no response, I then proceeded to my car to get my receipt for the refund. When I came back the manager was no where to be found and another worker told me they would go get me a new one, which she did. The bottom line is I'm not looking for anything, I would just like you to know what kind of person is running your Orland Park IL store. Before this happened I'd be more than happy to tell people to get AT&T service and now after this it is kind of hard to do that. One thing for sure is I will let people know to avoid that particular store. Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated.

BAD ASH...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I did get a phone call from someone claiming they worked in the Presidents office... the gentleman then went on to tell me they appreciated the email and the situation would be "dealt" with. If anything really happens what so ever, I have no idea. At least I got some sort of response. All I really wanted.