Repeater

ncbuilder

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with a cell phone repeater or amplifier system for their home? Outside I have 4 bars and inside many times I have No Service.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not me, never had a reason to try one. When I had issues with Sprint service I just changed carriers. Have had zero issues at home with AT&T.

I have heard people who have tried though. Some had good luck and some had not so good luck.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
There is a thread about signal booster sticks. I don't think they ever work. My iPhone 3g has weaker signals indoor. It usually turns from 3g to edge when I go indoo. First I thought it had to do with the firmware (I had 2.0) now I upgraded to 2.1 it still has the same problem. Did u have 3g with 4 bars or EDGE. Going from 4 bars to none is pretty extreme case. Is it apartment or house?

paul_form

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Cell phone repeater

My friend has one and I noticed that whenever I was in his house it really works so I bought one for myself. The thing is, for these repeaters to work, you must first look for a place to mount the external antenna, most probably in your attic where you can get the best signal (3-5 bars). I don't think it will work effectively if you have a very poor reception at home.
I'm referring to YX510.

Last edited:

Yeahyeah

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Cell phone signal booster-repeater

I actually have one that I purchased just recently because I had the same issue...Full bars outside and no service inside. Normally when this happend you have some kind of radiant barrier or the materials used for building your home is whats blocking the signal from coming inside.

I did my own research on the web and looked at a lot of forums and the manufacturer that had the best ratings was Wilson Electronics I called Wilson and was referred to one of their best dealers, Unwiredsignal.com When I was transfered to them I talked to Jeff, who asked me alot of questions regarding my situation and what I wanted to get accopmlished.

He made a recommendation and I purchased the kit. Since I have AT&T and their are dual band in my area...(you can go to Wireless Advisor .com to see the frequency your provider is in your area) so I needed a dual band kit. The Wilson 841262 Dual Band Pro was $600. Once I received it, set it up and plugged it in, I turned my phone back on and started walking around my home... and certainly there they were... those wonderful full bars! :D

Its great not to have to go outside to use my phone! This is definately a great investment. I even dropped my landline so my kit will eventually pay for itself! :) I recommend this company to any one they solved my problem I bet they can solve yours too!

Hope this Helped!!!
:cool:

Last edited: