iPhone 3G soon to launch in South Africa

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
So, I hear that the iPhone 3G should be launching in about 2 - 3 weeks.
"Apparently" Vodaworld will also be running a launch special :D

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Where did you hear this?!? :eek:

I really do hope SA gets some iPhone love :D

I have some contacts in Vodacom. I know Deven, it's like sooooo exciting :D
Will definitely let you guys know when I have the exact date (currently all I know is "end of September"). Apparantly Vodaworld might also have a massive launch and will proabably run a special for the launch (maybe a great price for like the first 100 hundred customers). Will also let you know if I hear anything :)

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone. How do you guys think the pricing/contracts will be structured? I'm planning on getting on my Dad's Talk1000 upgrade in October.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone. How do you guys think the pricing/contracts will be structured? I'm planning on getting on my Dad's Talk1000 upgrade in October.

I'm assuming there will be a pay-in on the Business/Talk120/Talk240 packages. Hoping it will go free on a Talk500/Talk1000. Can only tell for certain when it arrives. Can't wait!!! :D

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Do you have any idea who is importing the iPhone 3G? If it's the Core group, like with all the other Apple products available in SA, we are screwed. Hopefully Vodafone and Vodacom have their own deal going on with Apple and we will be able to get our iPhone's free of the ridiculous prices the Core group charge!

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Do you have any idea who is importing the iPhone 3G? If it's the Core group, like with all the other Apple products available in SA, we are screwed. Hopefully Vodafone and Vodacom have their own deal going on with Apple and we will be able to get our iPhone's free of the ridiculous prices the Core group charge!

Interesting question: I could be wrong, but I think it could be the Core group bringing them in. Yes, Apple in general is expensive in SA (compared to prices in the States) but then so is most electronics.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I should know for definite in the week, but it seems Vodacom is launching this month still - that means in the next 9 days or so!!! :D
I've heard about a little "twist" in the launch, but will let you guys know in the week ;)

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I guess we'll find out when we see the pricing options. Electronics shouldn't really be that expensive seeing we have good trade agreements with the Far East but I guess cause most things are 'American/European Designed' and we're so far out of the way we have to bear the brunt of some (big) profit margins.

foonloos

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I should know for definite in the week, but it seems Vodacom is launching this month still - that means in the next 9 days or so!!! :D
I've heard about a little "twist" in the launch, but will let you guys know in the week ;)

The rumours are heating up. One says official launch announcement today with availability tomorrow.

Some Vodashops says 30 Sept.

vodashop.mobi shows 8Gig iPhone as a choice for upgrade or cash purchase.

I think it's time for you to squeeze your contact for all the info. Waiting and not knowing what I'm waiting for (pricing etc) is driving me nuts!!

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
The rumours are heating up. One says official launch announcement today with availability tomorrow.

Some Vodashops says 30 Sept.

vodashop.mobi shows 8Gig iPhone as a choice for upgrade or cash purchase.

I think it's time for you to squeeze your contact for all the info. Waiting and not knowing what I'm waiting for (pricing etc) is driving me nuts!!

You were definintely right on the offical launch announcement for today. Just got a mail stating "iPhone 3G is coming September 26"!!!
They haven't mentioned the little "twist" yet, but all in good time...

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
stop the teasing, spill the beans on the twist (pretty please)

Wish I could, but unfortunately I could get some ppl into trouble ;)
Anyways, it's nothing that major, just a bit "different" to previous launches :D
Promise to let you know as soon as I'm allowed to spill the beans :D

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I know what the twist is.

Vodacom Official "Great news, upgrading customers will only have to pay the measly sum of...R5000 to upgrade with a Talk1000 contract and that is the only contract it will be available on!"

Thats a typical South African announcement.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I know what the twist is.

Vodacom Official "Great news, upgrading customers will only have to pay the measly sum of...R5000 to upgrade with a Talk1000 contract and that is the only contract it will be available on!"

Thats a typical South African announcement.

Ha ha - nice sturamsden :D

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Ha ha, just been listening to the Fresh Drive and he says he's going to be at a 'massive launch' from midnight at Vodaworld on thursday night and he 'couldn't say more about it'. I wonder what that could be?

I think Im going to go!

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Ha ha, just been listening to the Fresh Drive and he says he's going to be at a 'massive launch' from midnight at Vodaworld on thursday night and he 'couldn't say more about it'. I wonder what that could be?

I think Im going to go!

Well, the cat's out the bag :D There's the little "twist" to Vodacom's launch :D:D
I'll check you guys at midnight on thursday!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative