$45 Enterprise Data Plan

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Is the $45 data plan needed to access Microsoft Exchange server / Active Sync at work ?

I am pretty sure mine works without signing up for the $45 plan but only with the regular $30 data plan. So, what is the purpose of the Enterprise plan ?

Thanks !

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
The Enterprise Plan is intended for Microsoft Exchange use, but they don't have the means (or don't care enough) to check each customer to see if they've got the correct service. Generally, they charge this to their corporate customers who end up getting a discount off the $45/mo anyway. There's nothing in the phone preventing the use of Exchange Server with the $30 plan.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i believe that the enterprise data plan is intended for users who require VPN services... you can connect to exchange servers over regular connections with the $30/mo plan..

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Actually the $45 data plan is not required for exchange or VPN. The $45 plan is for large corporations and businesses that pay for the service. It's something the AT&T corporate rep would set up for the line with your company's account manager/IT for the line. But if you you pay your service directly as an individual, you'll take the $30 personal plan.
Both the $45 and $30 are identical, and $45 is just meant for business accounts (because they use the service more according to AT&T)
Of course if you call ATT and ask, they'll gladly set you up with the $45 plan. Don't do it, it's only for chumps. Most of the CS reps don't know the difference either.
This is no different than how they have been doing data plans for Windows mobile for a couple of years. Since it's integral to a WM device no one questions it. But they do have a $45 for business and $30 for personal just the same.

Exchange can be and is used for personal as well as business use, just like pop and IMAP, so it's not (and can not be) tied to exchange use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2