AT&T To Offer Family Talk Plans For iPhone 3G

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
AT&T To Offer Family Talk Plans For iPhone 3G - iPhone Alley

AT&T has just announced that they will be offering Family Talk plans for the iPhone 3G. Voice plans will start at $39.99/month, just like the standard plan, and an additional line will cost $9.99 a month (I assume that both plans would still require the $30/month data plan on top of that.) Chances are that this will be a popular option for some families given the phone's new $200 price, even though it's not $200 for everyone.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
With the addition of the family talk plan, the iPhone is becoming increasingly like any other cell phone out there. I think Apple working like a traditional cell phone manufacturer will create more benefits than their previous way of doing business.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Hmm if that's the case, I wonder why it was a news story that was apparently so important that i had to be publicized. I never needed a family plan so I have no idea it was available, if in fact it was.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I always assumed this was true. They do it for all their other phones, don't they? I just wish we could share data plans; how cool would that be?

...You gotta do what you can to cut them-there corners. (I just dropped the insurance on my MacBook($50 a year), am trying to get my satellite exclusively HD(should save $15 a month), and financial aid and scholarship apps are becoming a job of their own.)

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Sharing a data plan would be cool, AT&T will no doubt charge more. But this is probably not at all profitable for them, because if it was, it would have been done already.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Sharing a data plan would be cool, AT&T will no doubt charge more. But this is probably not at all profitable for them, because if it was, it would have been done already.

Yeah, they most certainly won't do it. I just want them too; my ATT bill is going to get(almost) unacceptably high. The minimum family plan will probably be in the $110 ballpark, excluding SMS. It's depressing, but it'll be worth it.

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
This is a good start, but my wife's corporation just sent out an update saying that the corporate discount they now enjoy via AT&T will not apply to iPhone plans. This is a huge mistake for a phone they are pushing more towards enterprise users. I really feel that AT&T will/is shooting themselves in the foot based on their plan prices/options.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Has anybody heard any updates on this? I currently have a family plan and we all want to upgrade our phones, I haven't seen anything on AT&T's site about it.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
There were family plan options for the first iPhone. If I recall correctly that is.

Aloha CrazEtooN,

You are correct on that. I somewhat fall into that category, although I didn't have an iPhone family plan, but an iPhone added to a pre-existing family plan. When I got my iPhone, I simply added the $20/month data charge. It was painless, and the iTunes sign-up was a nice touch. As I was already with Cingular/AT&T, I simply had to transfer my number to my new iPhone, which only took a couple of minutes. I only hope the process can be somewhat as smooth for the new iPhone, although I'll have to wait until I'm upgrade eligible in August, at least according to the local AT&T stores.

HawaiiMacAddict

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73