I have a habit of sharing my live location with Google Maps when i start my drive with the person that i am visiting, this will give the person a chance to know how much time i need & where i am right now.

The issue is with apple car, once you start the navigation with google maps; you will lose the control on the Google Maps Application so that you can do nothing on it (i.e. you cannot share you trip progress) . so you need to disconnect apple car & reconnect it wish is not convenient

Do you have any workaround for this issue?
    Last edited by jamilhaddadin1; 12-27-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more clarification based on responses
    11-29-2020 05:17 PM
    I have a habit of sharing my live location with google maps when i start my drive with the person that i am visiting, this will give the person a chance to know how much time i need & where i am right now.

The issue is with apple car, once you start the navigation; you will loose the screen on mobile so that you can do nothing on the application. so you need to disconnect apple car & reconnect it wish is not convenient

Do you have any work around for this issue?
    I’ve been using a CarPlay2Air which is a wireless CarPlay adapter and you can use your phone like normal while connected to CarPlay. With that being said, I must say you shouldn’t be using your iPhone while driving
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-16-2020 08:38 PM
    If you swipe up on your phone, navigation on CarPlay should keep on working, allowing you to do whatever you need to on your phone.......while the car is stopped and not moving. :-)

However, since I have wireless CarPlay, I can't confirm or deny that.
    12-16-2020 08:46 PM
    you can use your phone normally except "Google Maps" google maps just switched into the direction mode. I will try to edit the original post to make it clearer
    12-27-2020 09:10 AM