I'm getting a new car and will finally be able to use CarPlay!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm finally going to be able to CarPlay because I'm getting a new car.... specifically, a Subaru Outback. We are picking it up later this afternoon, and if anyone has any tips on how to set it up, etc., I'd love to hear them. :D

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally going to be able to CarPlay because I'm getting a new car.... specifically, a Subaru Outback. We are picking it up later this afternoon, and if anyone has any tips on how to set it up, etc., I'd love to hear them. :D

Nice, congrats.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on getting your new car, Annie, and I hope you enjoy using CarPlay with it...;0

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations let us know how the learning curve is

Thank you!!! It's been such a crazy week... I started back to work... students are returning... and all of our operational procedures have changed thanks to COVID. So, I haven't been eager to try and figure this out. But I will SOON!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So my husband got a new car over the weekend, and is now using CarPlay and seems to be enjoying it. I do have a question, however. On the rare occasion when I'm driving his car, will it create an issue for him if I plug my iPhone in to use CarPlay? I don't want to mess up any of his settings. I'm guessing it would be ok, but I thought I'd as before I try it! :D

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So my husband got a new car over the weekend, and is now using CarPlay and seems to be enjoying it. I do have a question, however. On the rare occasion when I'm driving his car, will it create an issue for him if I plug my iPhone in to use CarPlay? I don't want to mess up any of his settings. I'm guessing it would be ok, but I thought I'd as before I try it! :D

Shouldn’t be an issue.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Congrats!
I’m a Subaru Forester owner myself. 2018 so no Carplay. It’s a great vehicle. Enjoy!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Will not be an issue. The CarPlay settings are saved on the phone not the vehicle. You can set things up how you want them to be in his car when you have your phone connected and that is how it will be when your phone is plugged in only. When he plugs his back in, it will be as if you never connected at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2