[Resolved] Carplay & Apple Music

Mike Strock

May 16, 2020
Visit site
If you use Carplay and Apple Music, please try this and see if it works for you:

With your phone connected via USB, ask the following:

Hey Siri, play Hurricane by the Band Of Heathens.

Doesn't matter the song, as long as it is available on Apple Music.

For me, on my xR, I get a message that says "You must enable cellular data or wifi to enable this."
Cellular data is available, and it is set for Apple Music to use cellular data.

Does this work for anyone else? Or are you seeing the same behavior?

Thanks.

Mike.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Carplay & Apple Music

I just did what you asked and this is Siri’s response: “Hurricane by the Band of Heathens now playing”.

Mike Strock

May 16, 2020
Visit site

OK. Thank you. Sorry for the post then. It works when I don't use Carplay, but not when I am connected to CarPlay. Obviously a problem on my side.

Mike.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

OK. Thank you. Sorry for the post then. It works when I don't use Carplay, but not when I am connected to CarPlay. Obviously a problem on my side.

Mike.
Don't be sorry, sir. We're here to help in whatever capacity we're able to. Let me know if you need me to try something else. In the meantime, take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Mike Strock

May 16, 2020
Visit site

I just find it weird I'm having issues but others aren't. Are you running stock iOS by chance? I'm currently running the latest public beta of iOS 13, but have had the same issues when I was running stock iOS. Oh well. I'll fiddle with it some more.

Mike.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I just find it weird I'm having issues but others aren't. Are you running stock iOS by chance? I'm currently running the latest public beta of iOS 13, but have had the same issues when I was running stock iOS. Oh well. I'll fiddle with it some more.

Mike.

I'm rarely using the official iOS version because I'm almost always using the latest developer beta. With that being said, I'm currently running iOS 13.5 dev beta 4, I believe.

With that being said, I drive a BMW and it only has wireless CarPlay, however, I did follow your instructions and connect a USB cable to my iPhone and to one of the USB ports inside my car. Hopefully, those who connect to CarPlay traditionally will reply soon with their results so don't give up hope just yet.

Mike Strock

May 16, 2020
Visit site

OK folks. Stupid Mike is back. I had enabled cellular data for Apple Music. However, I had missed the 'streaming' slider. It was set to off. Once I set that up correctly, voila, it works correctly now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mike.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

OK folks. Stupid Mike is back. I had enabled cellular data for Apple Music. However, I had missed the 'streaming' slider. It was set to off. Once I set that up correctly, voila, it works correctly now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mike.

Awesome! Thank you for the update, sir.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner