Spotify/Carplay quirk

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,
Scenario:

Driving to the shops listening to Spotify through Carplay. Arrive at the shops, unplug phone, lock car etc and go to the shop.
Get back in the car, connect phone and connect to Spotify again - Spotify doesn't remember what part of the song I was last listening to, so it starts again at the beginning of the last played track!

Is that normal? I just wish playback would resume from where I last left it. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,
Scenario:

Driving to the shops listening to Spotify through Carplay. Arrive at the shops, unplug phone, lock car etc and go to the shop.
Get back in the car, connect phone and connect to Spotify again - Spotify doesn't remember what part of the song I was last listening to, so it starts again at the beginning of the last played track!

Is that normal? I just wish playback would resume from where I last left it. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong

I doubt you’re doing anything wrong. I mean, all you’re doing is streaming audio. I haven’t used Spotify in quite some time, however, I’d like to think it would start where you left off like Music does. Hopefully, those who stream audio from Spotify via CarPlay will reply soon.

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I've found another bug!

I've got a VW Arteon with Factory CarPlay.
If I'm driving and go and visit a friend for example - when I get back in the car and connect my phone, I can't hear music playing. The only fix is to disconnect and then reconnect the cable from the car to the phone and it'll work fine.

What am I doing wrong? - Any feedback is much appreciated. I've only tested using Spotify as it's the only streaming service I use and don't have any music stored on the phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods