Is there a way to use wired CarPlay and stop your phone from charging while plugged in? I simply don’t need my phone charging every time I’m in the car for the entire ride. Thanks!
    02-10-2020 04:18 PM
    Not that I’m aware of.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-10-2020 07:32 PM
    02-10-2020 11:44 PM
    There’s no way to avoid your phone charging while being used for CarPlay. I did a workaround by buying an SE (oldest model that supports iOS 13) that has a bad IMEI so it only connects to WiFi. I use my 11 Pro as a hotspot that my SE connects to. Not exactly the ideal setup but it works for now, only drawback is I don’t get texts nor calls to my SE.

You check my thread about purchasing a 3rd party device that converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay that eliminates the constant charging.

My concern in all this is how will all the charging affect my battery Health since I flip my iPhones every September and battery health is a huge selling point.
    Al Paca likes this.
    02-11-2020 01:50 PM
    There’s no way to avoid your phone charging while being used for CarPlay. I did a workaround by buying an SE (oldest model that supports iOS 13) that has a bad IMEI so it only connects to WiFi. I use my 11 Pro as a hotspot that my SE connects to. Not exactly the ideal setup but it works for now, only drawback is I don’t get texts nor calls to my SE.

You check my thread about purchasing a 3rd party device that converts wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay that eliminates the constant charging.

My concern in all this is how will all the charging affect my battery Health since I flip my iPhones every September and battery health is a huge selling point.
    This^^^^ Battery Health is my concern and exactly why I asked the question. Thanks for you thoughts.
    02-11-2020 07:25 PM
    I don’t see this as an issue. I’ve had CarPlay since day 1 and used 5 different iPhones (3 mine 2 my wife’s) all being charged whilst in use. Not one has exhibited any battery degradation. I think the effort here to mitigate the risk is far greater than the risk itself.
    04-14-2020 02:47 AM