Dual Y Split Lightning Cable for Apple CarPlay

clemensfischer

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Have my iPhone installed permanently in my car, connected to CarPlay via Lighting. The problem is, that the battery will not be charged enough, because the CarPlay system shuts off after powering down the car. So I have to remove the phone all 5-7 days to recharge it outside the car. I've tried an adapter:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...ag=techracom00-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3185714

but that does not work with CarPlay. Also other adapters seem to have the same issue. Has anyone found a dual Lightning adapter, which works on CarPlay. Needs to have a dual sync and charge ability.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar setup. My iPhone SE stays in my car in airplane mode and connects to my 11 pro via hotspot when I get in. When I leave the SE stays in but doesn’t use much battery since it’s in airplane mode. My guess is that your iPhone doesn’t hold a charge well. Only thing I can think of if you don’t want to remove your iPhone and charge it inside every night is maybe just use a powerbank, plug it in to that overnight?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73