when my iphone (5S with ios 12.4) is connected to airpods and also connected to my car (Audi A4 with mmi plus) for using wired carplay, the music from the phone and supposedly also phone calls are still routed to the airpods and not to the car audio system.

I want also the turn-by-turn navigation commands from the tomtom app to be routed to the airpods in that situation.

Any ideas how I can do that via an ios app or other means?
    12-21-2019 04:53 AM
    I don’t think you can split a connection like that. From my understanding it’s all or nothing. Either you connect via CarPlay or bluetooth, can’t split it
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-21-2019 03:26 PM
    I don't know what you mean by splitting. I already get the music over the airpods which are connected to the phone (via bluetooth) and the navi commands over the car stereo (as I understand it via the usb cable between phone and car) so it is already splitting the output to 2 different devices. I just would like also the navi commands to come on the airpods or alternatively I would be perfectly happy for everything to come out on the airpods when connected to carplay. I just want to have the display on the car because it is larger.
    12-24-2019 08:11 AM